(Archived) removing annoying automatic "shortcut" links in Evernote for Mac

wordsmithereens

Idea

16 replies to this idea

• Level 5

I saw the attachment. I'm just unsure as to the steps you're taking when you "add anything to Evernote." Are you clicking the New Note button in the toolbar? File Menu->New Note? etc

Ugh, I have the same problem - ever since upgrading and later agreeing to let Evernote convert "favorites" to "shorcuts." Suddenly all these shortcuts I have no memory of creating.

So, no solution but to delete the notes completely? That's not a good option. I think this must be a bug. As others noted, when you VIew > [hide] shortcuts they just keep coming back next time you open Evernote! It's a nightmare. 

paying customer

On a related note, is it possible to keep Evernote from offering "add as shortcut" when dragging something into the sidebar? It offers this even when shortcuts are disabled. The shortcut section's appearance pushes down the rest of the sidebar items, too. That way, everything in the sidebar changes position, which frequently makes me drop my file onto the wrong notebook.

I'm on win7 and have the same issue of shortcuts reappearing even after having removed them.  Any answers?  I don't ever recall adding them.  This occurs even if I'm using the web app and not the windows app.  I use Chrome.  I have a tab open to evernote and make notes, delete the recurring shortcuts and if I close the tab and then come back later the shortcuts have reappeared.

I deleted the notes that kept reverting to shortcuts and that stopped my issue.

• Level 5

Please do the following:

- Open a support request

- Include your step by step description

- Include your Activity Logs (Help menu -> Activity Log...)

- Mention in the request that this ticket is for Jack

Thanks!

Step 1. Click Elephant Icon (see attchment)

Step 2 Select middle icon "Clip Rectangle or Window"

Step 3 hold down right mouse button and select area

Step 4 let up mouse button =done selecting

Item is saved to Evernote. Within 30 seconds or so, there is a new pile of shortcuts, so,

Step 5 delete all the shortcuts ... again.

post-55963-0-76170300-1368480576_thumb.j

Most are screen clips (top 10 items say "screen clip" ...) and the two others below were sent from Reeder and from Postbox, respectively.

Whatever the source, they push down the relevant notebooks off my field of view, and add an extra step to every workflow iteration.

See the attachment to the first message.

Those "shortcuts" appear whenever I add anything to Evernote. If I right-click and select "Remove ... " they go away, then reappear the next time I add anything. They
get in the way, and I am tired of having to constantly remove them.

I need a way to prevent them from ever appearing under any circumstances.  If I need a shortcut (extremely rare...) I can create one.

Thanks, everyone, but that does not solve the issue. I do not want the shortcuts - ever.  I am tired of dragging them off just  so I can see the relevant items in my lists. (Note that I said "permanently")

Thanks!

You should not see shortcuts - ever - if you do, as I already suggested. You can give recent notes the same treatment too: Hide them from the sidebar permanently. (Note: If you can't get the right clicking in sidebar right, you can also set this in "Views > Settings for sidebar" (or whatever it's called in English)).

You're welcome.

Sorry - I understand what you are saying, and I have done that... many, many times - yet they keep reappearing. That method does NOT remove the shortcuts *permanently*.

Thanks, everyone, but that does not solve the issue. I do not want the shortcuts - ever.  I am tired of dragging them off just  so I can see the relevant items in my lists. (Note that I said "permanently")

Thanks!

You should not see shortcuts - ever - if you do, as I already suggested. You can give recent notes the same treatment too: Hide them from the sidebar permanently. (Note: If you can't get the right clicking in sidebar right, you can also set this in "Views > Settings for sidebar" (or whatever it's called in English)).

You're welcome.

Every time I add a note to Evernote, it adds a long list of "shortcuts". I have no use for those and want to turn them off permanently.  Any suggestions?

Using Evenote 5.0.7 on Mac OSX 10.8.3

Thanks!

You can right click on the sidebar and uncheck "Shortcuts".

Archived