Ishibashi Hideto

chrome [Proposal] it should have an 'already-clipped' indicator

Idea

Problem

: Because the product currently doesn't have one, I wrongly clip the same web page twice or more.

Solution

: Evernote Web Clipper should have an indicator that shows whether the web page currently being viewed is already 

clipped or not.

• Like 6

12 replies to this idea

This would be incredibly helpful for me. I also double-clip pages often, and now that we can clip PDFs, that means a lot of syncing. A simple highlight or even a show of the previous tags would be an obvious way to identify already-clipped pages.

I would like this as well.  I've become accustomed to the diigo extension, which shows a little red bookmark ribbon over the extension icon when I'm on a page I've already saved.  It's instantly visible in the right place at the right time, and if I click the icon, I can edit the existing record, rather than creating a new one.

For 10 minutes, I googled to find this discussion to +1 it with enthusiasm.

With this feature, evernote will be perfect and I'll be able to drop diigo having only one application for all my stuff.

Hope this will come soon.

Thanks for your quick answer.

I really love evernote, so giving some feedback is the least I can do. 

Especially after the web clipper enhancement and the new features coming with it (annotation, bookmarks, etc).

Thanks for that.

Thought: To reduce excessive searching, could wait until a specific user event (hover over or click on Clipper icon?) to check if a note already exists, then do the icon color change/allow access to review/edit existing note(s)

Please vote and like the idea, so it gets more attention.

3 minutes ago, il0 said:

Please like the idea, so it gets more attention.

Or indicate your support using the voting buttons in the upper left corner of the discussion 595944f96c50c_ScreenShot2017-07-02at12_08_33.png.197640b0fa61e1e3cb52ee277213fb71.png

This is one of the features that is preventing me from moving all my bookmarks to Evernote, since both Diigo and Pocket have this feature.