(Archived) Why isn't an image file showing?

New Daddy

I've clipped an image file, but it's not showing in Evernote.

All I see is the contour of the image, which is about the right size of the image, and a picture icon in the center.

Is there an option that I need to switch on before I can view images in Evernote?

• Level 5*

What sort of image file did you save? If it's PNG or JPG, you'll see it in your note. Otherwise you have an embedded file which will open in your local picture editor (if you have one) when you click it.

What sort of image file did you save? If it's PNG or JPG, you'll see it in your note. Otherwise you have an embedded file which will open in your local picture editor (if you have one) when you click it.

It's a simple JPEG image.

here is the situation: In Evernote, all I see is a big box instead of the image. I also see the link for the image, which brings up the image when clicked.

When I download the image, save it locally, and upload to evernote - as opposed to clipping the image directly from the webpage - the image shows up fine. I'd like to be able to clip the image directly from the webpage and still see the image. It streamlines the process by a couple of steps.

• Level 5*

So you're highlighting an image embedded in a web page and using the web clipper to "save selection" to a note? Haven't tested it, but sounds like the selection you make includes the web code to display the image in a web page, which may not play well with Evernote. If you clip the the whole page, do you see the image set in surrounding design and text?

AFAIK the only effective way to clip an image only is to right-click and save it to your desktop, then drag and drop into an Evernote. Or you could define an Import Folder (~Tools ~Import Folders...) and save your images to that folder for automatic translation into Evernote.

If you clip the the whole page, do you see the image set in surrounding design and text?

No, I still don't see the image.

AFAIK the only effective way to clip an image only is to right-click and save it to your desktop, then drag and drop into an Evernote.

Yes, that methods works fine. I'd just like to save a step or two by not having to right-click the image, give a name and save it to my desktop.

AFAIK the only effective way to clip an image only is to right-click and save it to your desktop, then drag and drop into an Evernote.

Yes, that methods works fine. I'd just like to save a step or two by not having to right-click the image, give a name and save it to my desktop.

If you're trying to save the image itself rather than a screen cap, like gazumped, AFAIK, that's the only way to do it. You can save it to an import folder, though, where it will be auto loaded into Evernote.

• Level 5*

Hmmn. Confused now. Just tried to select an image using Firefox (11*) and web clipper - had an option to "clip image", which puts the picture into a new note and I can see the picture.

Tried the same thing with the same image + text selected, and got an extra option to "clip selection", which I did - now have picture and text in a new note and I can see the picture.

I'm on the beta channel for updates (4.5.4.6170), so maybe will have a different experience from your current version - other than that I'm confused why your clips have a different experience than mine. There's nothing in ~Options that allows you to change the way pictures are displayed...

I'd suggest you follow BnF's workaround and set up an import folder so you can save images to Evernote via your desktop for the time being, and check after the next upgrade to see if the situation changes.

Edit: Make that FF10 - I'm not as far ahead of the game as I thought!

• 4 weeks later...

Is this planned for a future update? There is no way on earth I'm going to manually save 20+ images per page X multiple pages... which is what I'm trying to do without success. I see I'm not the only one in the boat.

• Level 5*

Is this planned for a future update? There is no way on earth I'm going to manually save 20+ images per page X multiple pages... which is what I'm trying to do without success. I see I'm not the only one in the boat.

Is what planned for future update?

With the Evernote clipper for Firefox, you can clip whole pages, selections of pages, URLs or individual images.

• Level 5

@ND Could you post a bit more information like what page you were trying to clip from, what settings you used to clip, etc? If we can reproduce it, we might be able to get you better info. Support may also be able to help...

• 1 month later...

Hi he is talking in clip only a image using the right click, "capture image" but there is a thing he dont tell us that I guess, he is in a web with a session enabled, like a forum.

I have the same problem, when you are in chrome with the forum session open you can see the image in EN web but you cant see it in EN desktop.

I understand what he is requesting... a way to upload the image when capturing the note when using cliper or right click but now only is saving the metada with the direction of the image.

I suppose the best option would be to have a settings where the people can decide how to get the image. Store the real image at note or store the metadata with the direction to that image.

Thanks

• 5 months later...

I am experiencing the same problem. Not sure if I should be doing something differently.

Using Chrome on latest version 22 - I clip a selection containing text and an image from my own wordpress blog. The new note syncs fine.

On the web client it is perfect

On windows and the ipad it appears without the image being visible. Sometimes there is an image box which when clicked opens the image in another window. Sometimes there is just text.

Would love to get this sorted as Id like to use Evernote to backup some of my blog posts.

Cheers

• 9 months later...

Archived