(Archived) Page Breaks break EN for Android

jackofaiitrades

Hello all,

Love Evernote, but I'm getting incredibly frustrated trying to use the app on my Kindle (although the same symptoms are present on my Droid phone).

Any time you have a page break in a note, it drastically changes the way you need to edit it within the Android app. It becomes almost impossible to edit any part of the existing note.

It's a little hard to explain, but you can test it easily by creating a note on the desktop EN application, adding a page break, and then trying to edit it from your Android app.

If the note does NOT have a page break, the app works swimmingly, very well. It's easy to add styles, add numbered lists, checkboxes etc. Morever, if you want to go back and edit some portion of what was already there, its as simple as touching the screen to move the cursor, and editing what you want.

This wouldnt normally be a problem for me, except I want to use this for taking notes in meetings, and i have a template i'd like to use - since the Android app has no option to copy the note to a notebook, I have to email it to Evernote email address (which automatically adds a page break at the top, rendering the note incredibly difficult to edit within the EN app).

Basically, there are three possible ways that my situation would be resolved:

1. If page breaks in a note did not affect the way you edit the note in the android app
  2. If there were a 'Copy note' option in the android app
  3. If the Evernote email address note upload functionality didnt automatically add text and a page break at the top of notes it creates.

Any of those options would make EN the perfect app for my needs (and I daresay a great many other users, particularly for 1 and 2).

Are there any plans for implementing #2? I can't imagine this would require more than several lines of code.

Page breaks are a huge problem for me too. When I email a note to evernote or upload a note from SnapCal into evernote I get these grey boxes at the top and bottom of the note which makes it very difficult to edit the note. Is there a way to delete these grey boxes / page breaks in a note?

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to chime in that the 'copy note' functionality could have major important uses. As I'm reading around on this forum, I realize I'm definitely not the only one trying to use templates for notes I use a lot, even every day. On my Mac, I can select all, copy, and paste into a new note. When I'm out, though, 'select all' doesn't work in a note that has formatting like page breaks (mentioned before) or lists. For those of us who journal/survey/etc in Evernote, 'copy note' would be huge. Or, maybe even better (at least for me), 'new note from template.' I know there are scripts for this on desktop clients, but I haven't come across a method on mobile. Thanks guys!

Thanks for the suggestion.

Currently, page break cannot be edited with the Android note editor. That's the reason why you get a more limited to edit each single part of the note.

Simplifying the note formatting and using only the styling available in the Android note editor could help solve this problem in the meantime.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Currently, page break cannot be edited with the Android note editor. That's the reason why you get a more limited to edit each single part of the note.

Simplifying the note formatting and using only the styling available in the Android note editor could help solve this problem in the meantime.

This wouldnt normally be a problem for me, except I want to use this for taking notes in meetings, and i have a template i'd like to use - since the Android app has no option to copy the note to a notebook, I have to email it to Evernote email address (which automatically adds a page break at the top, rendering the note incredibly difficult to edit within the EN app).

Basically, there are three possible ways that my situation would be resolved:

1. If page breaks in a note did not affect the way you edit the note in the android app
  2. If there were a 'Copy note' option in the android app
  3. If the Evernote email address note upload functionality didnt automatically add text and a page break at the top of notes it creates.

I'm not familiar with the features in question, but it doesn't really seem like an end-user option in this case to only use the styling available to the Android Note Editor.

Off topic, but, auto-titles should be optional. Just saying. Outright changes to basic functionality shouldn't be forced. OPTIONS are both easy to implement and a Good Thing. Old code doesn't just disappear.

Archived