iOS 5: Image cropping not preserved

I've already submitted a help ticket, but wanted to see if anyone else is having this issue and whether or not the devs have heard of it.

Anyway, if you have iOS 5 on your device and take a picture and then crop it using the built-in editing tools, it works fine. But once you add the image to a note, it adds the original, uncropped version, not the cropped version.

I'm guessing it's related to the version-tracking stuff in iOS 5 changing the way files are stored (i.e. the original image is preserved, and the crop is saved as editing data so that it integrates with Lion's auto-save tech).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is still an issue in the newly-released 4.1.8.

I was hoping that the "Fixed cropping problems" entry in the build notes meant that this had been addressed, but it hasn't.

Phil, you said a fix was coming in the next release back in November. It's still not fixed. Is there an ETA?

Annoying indeed. Also wrote to support chat, but en guys didnt get it it seems.

My workarround: crop in the iphone native app. The hold the cropped picture and press "copy" - change to en and add it manually ( as in not useing the "+" button in en app which results in adding the uncropped picture....

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived