Problem with Hyperlink in PDF

Dick M

Idea

I have a note with a number of hyperlinks. When the hyperlinks are clicked on in Evernote, the linked document opens in a browser, no problem. However, if I print the document to a PDF and click the link in the PDF, the link is changed and does not open correctly in the browser. There are quite a few links in the Evernote document and they are all like this. Open fine when clicked in Evernote, but not in the PDF. Here an example of the URL in Evernote and how it is changed when a PDF is created. 

EVERNOTE LINK:  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+12%3A1&version=NRSVCE

PDF LINK:              https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans%2B12%3A1&version=NRSVCE

The difference is the "+' in the first is changed to "%2B" in the second. If there is a setting in Evernote to prevent this, I cannot find it.

Any suggestions?

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5

When you create a pdf by the print Routine, hyperlinks are deactivated.

Probably you need to pass through a program that can create a pdf by converting and directly saving in the pdf format to maintain active hyperlinks. I do not know any setting in EN that would do the trick.

The hyperlink in the PDF is still active and launches the browser, however with the replacement of some characters, as noted in my example, the link does not bring the user to the correct page. So I would not say that the hyperlink is deactivated, but it is changed.

I solved the problem by using a URL shortener (tinyurl.com) with Chrome. Shortened url's work fine within Evernote and the created PDF. Even though this worked, I would like to know if there is a better solution that does not require a url shortener.

• Like 1
On 4/27/2020 at 3:58 AM, Dick M said:

I solved the problem by using a URL shortener (tinyurl.com) with Chrome. Shortened url's work fine within Evernote and the created PDF. Even though this worked, I would like to know if there is a better solution that does not require a url shortener. dqfansurvey

Thank you for sharing.

On 4/27/2020 at 3:58 AM, Dick M said:

I solved the problem by using a URL shortener (tinyurl.com) with Chrome. Shortened url's work fine within Evernote and the created PDF. Even though this worked, I would like to know if there is a better solution that does not require a url shortener. Tell the Bell

Impressive!Thanks for the post