When I paste into Evernote, it shows up as black on black.  I can change the font color and change the highlight to make it legible, but I shouldn't need to do that at all.  Color is in it's own little section right now and it offers me the option to use different standards to change the color but it's unclear how to change the background.  Icons are great, but only when identifiable.  

Why am I getting black on black when I cut and paste from something with plain ol black and white?

In the meantime, how do I turn individual notes to a white background.  

I-con get confused.

hiero.jpg

• Level 5*
53 minutes ago, Ryq G said:

it's unclear how to change the background.

The only way I know to implement background colour is to use a table   
I can also edit the underlying html code 

By default, Evernote's background is white

>>When I paste into Evernote, it shows up as black on black.  
Can you post an .enex export of a note

I tried replicating and it does other color issues.

I copied from the screen and posted here.  I did it from two places.  The second is accurate (white on black) but the first one in Evercheck is hard to read.  The original uses bright green.

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 10.08.39 PM.jpg

color.enex

I've changed color of text and background with dot codes (wordstar), lotus 123 print codes, and multiple versions of Mac OS and Windoze.

When I select the black on black, the text becomes a faint color that I technically can read.  Everywhere else, I select what I need, click on an icon for the text change it to black and another to change the background white.  I can train a deaf hamster to do that while I am asleep[.  Standards....they're what's for breakfast. I have to go into a colors menu here and I only get choices of bar charts color wheels rgb etc,  OK, I accept the fact that Evernote wants me to learn their paradigm for changing the color of text....why not?  I'm, thankful it's not hardware or the power cord would have 5 plugs.  But even so, I can't find the sequence and icons to do this.  I'm willing to learn a new way and spend time memorizing the way, as long as it doesn't take more than say 15 minutes to change the colors.  Just let me know if I need to purchase a special input device to do this and how much I need to budget for it.

I don't mind when every company renames things, and moves them about.  Hide and Seek is my favorite game.

When I open one of the black on black files, you can see that it is slightly readable.  But how to make it black on white?  I did click the heels of my ruby slippers....

what i see.jpg

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Ryq G said:

I tried replicating and it does other color issues.

I copied from the screen and posted here.  I did it from two places.  The second is accurate (white on black) but the first one in Evercheck is hard to read.  The original uses bright green.

color.enex 602.49 kB · 4 downloads

I imported your note on my Mac and see a white background
The bright green text is barely readable

I can get a black background by inverting colours in Apple > System Preferences 

2014236465_ScreenShot2019-10-30at04_04_55.png.909bd1ad890d1b64b66e034b35c0d467.png

also Dark Mode

278106188_ScreenShot2019-10-30at03_41_28.png.8a381cccba6951db0694431e402b3124.png

1642588662_ScreenShot2019-10-30at03_46_05.png.2a47c5c744f7a3fc20814921d4999d0e.png

When I change to use white, other notes are white on white.  If I can manually change the text color and the background color I can get around this.  All I've been able to do is copy it all, throw it into text edit, change the text and background color there and paste it back into evernote.

Evernote is converting color and I can't seem to figure out how to fix it manually

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Ryq G said:

When I change to use white,

Please let us know the methods you're using to "change to using white"

As I posted, your sample note already has a white background

1) . I changed my default as you suggested.  Now if I copy white on black, it stays that way.  At least I can read it.  Is this now the way of the world in dark mode?

There could be 3 colors: text, highlight and paper (background) if I exclude borders and shading.  As always, I first  select the text.  In other apps and webpages, the standard is to make selections under format,  Here, in format, we only get to chose the system of color naming.

Once selected, I select the small a with underline, then choose one of the color naming systems and select the color.  I have one more click to close the box here.  (Remember standards?)

As I said the background is set in preferences. 

I select text again, then click on the highlighter pen, after which I click on the dot to clod ig.

In Evernote, the closest I select the a, which opens a color selection and alternate ways.  Once I select the color, I must hit the red dot to close it.  '

For the background, I will try the next icon, the highlighting tool. 

1. Sometimes the color options show up. 
  2. Other times nothing. 
  3. And when I do successfully change it, it only changes the backroom shadowing individual characters.  Note the following.

I'm getting closer, though I still can't change the background, and I';m still copying white on black text.

rotate.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I have finally figured the problem out.

When pasting from Dark Mode on the Mac, instead of using Command-V, use Shift-Command-V to match the style.  That fixes things.  The workarounds above never worked for me.  

I'm surprised that I didn't find it in any of the help.  Now that Catalina has everything in dark mode.....

Thanks everyone.