Searching words and figures

Good afternoon!
I have a customer database in Evernote. Every time I suffer when I need to find a client by phone number. Since the program you need to enter the number exactly as it is written without spaces or hyphens. If the number is 8 (905) 7194838, then I can’t find it either as 89057194838, or as part of the number (which is the most inconvenient), that is, “4838”. For example, in Samsung Note, you could search calmly by any part of the number or word. Evernote requires me to remember how each number was entered. It is inconvenient to introduce them all in one pattern. The same goes for words. If I have an entry about "K. Vasya", then Evernote will not cope if I type "Vasya". The program needs everything to be separated by spaces. This is very inconvenient and unforgivable for a program sharpened by a search for your notes.

When will this problem be solved?
thanks

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote is not a database,  but it is generally searchable - there's a lot in the help pages about the process and you'll find some useful information there.

Find what you need

Somewhere in there is a definition of the search process and confirmation that searches will only include the start of strings,  not the mid or end points,  and excludes all punctuation except an underline.  It's designed that way,  so fixes are unlikely to be forthcoming.

You would be better off (IMHO) using tags for customer names to jump quickly to a record.

There's also quite a lot in the help pages about organising your data with notebooks,  tags and titles.

If you can give us a more detailed description of the information you're recording we might be able to suggest some practical solutions.  Please also include the device and OS that you're using.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
5 hours ago, ivansens said:

Im using  windows 10 and android os 9.0

EXAMPLE

https://www.evernote.com/l/AsZEl8lNH2FLwLU0EprHAty6Mx1t7k46rTs/

how can I search for a number in the search, if it is entered into my notes by copying from different instant messengers and I have no way to enter the phone number according to one example. And editing takes time and it’s inconvenient

Hi - Just try searching part of the phone number in the same format that it's recorded - add double quotation marks ("") if you don't get a hit,  or you get too many.

I copied the content from your note and searched for 811 68 63 Evernote found not only the note with that string,  but a lot of other notes including some partial strings...

ScreenClip.png.dd9143a57ead8724a06286805a785b9f.png

(The darker highlights are my search hits)

I also found this - 

179967528_ScreenClip2.png.0355848a5f0eaeb01cf8ce5e43958419.png

So added quote marks to my search - "811 68 63"

1088592738_ScreenClip3.png.035089edbb97169f07fe821be09dad7d.png

... and the search was limited to my test note.

Good afternoon! That's better. But. Since I have a large database of about 2000 notes with research numbers, phone numbers and other numbers, the introduction of "40" or "40 80" leads to the discovery of many notes. And the necessary note there is far not in the first place (A telephone number can be searched more or less accurately for the last 4 digits. It is difficult to do this with your method (.

2019-10-01_19-32-32.png

2019-10-01_19-34-09.png

• Level 5*
32 minutes ago, ivansens said:

Good afternoon! That's better. But. Since I have a large database of about 2000 notes with research numbers, phone numbers and other numbers, the introduction of "40" or "40 80" leads to the discovery of many notes. And the necessary note there is far not in the first place (A telephone number can be searched more or less accurately for the last 4 digits. It is difficult to do this with your method (.

Simply put EN only searches from the beginning of a word.  If you don't break out the phone number you won't be able to find it by any bits.  Other threads in the forum requesting mid word search if you want to add your votes to those.  In the meantime the only option within EN is to use an alternative method - be it tags, customer name search, decomposing phone numbers or whatever.