Calendar

Rajeshg

Idea

Hi Evernote team.. Why don't you think of a CALENDAR in Evernote by which we can enter any date for an entry.. and more importantly can find entry on a particular date. This is the one concern that I have been mentioning even years back, when I first used Evernote. Evernote is not giving due importance to the date of entries. I would like to remind you that one useful application of such a note taker is USING AS A DIARY OR JOURNAL OF daily life. This is possible only by the introduction of a calendar in Evernote. It is really a handicap considering the broad capabilities of Evernote. Hope you won't disappoint us. 

Regards

Rajesh

Edited by Rajeshg
To remove my email address from the post

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Rajeshg said:

Hi Evernote team.. Why don't you think of a CALENDAR in Evernote by which we can enter any date for an entry.. and more importantly can find entry on a particular date. This is the one concern that I have been mentioning even years back, when I first used Evernote. Evernote is not giving due importance to the date of entries. I would like to remind you that one useful application of such a note taker is USING AS A DIARY OR JOURNAL OF daily life. This is possible only by the introduction of a calendar in Evernote. It is really a handicap considering the broad capabilities of Evernote. Hope you won't disappoint us. 

Regards

Rajesh

Created date doesn't work for you?  You might want to remove your email address from the post.

Well, just a created date stamp won't be enough always. I want to record an event that occurred on a particular day, a few days after. In that case I need to change the date of the entry. Also if I want to check the incidents on a particular date, I need a calendar. All these are needed when using Evernote as a diary for recording events. Removed my email, thanks.

Diary notes apps like diaro, journey etc include a calendar.

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, Rajeshg said:

In that case I need to change the date of the entry.

You can edit created and updated dates on the desktop versions, not so much on the mobile versions.  Still doesn't provide the physical look and feel of calendar like functionality.  Just a workaround pending the feature being deployed or not.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Rajeshg said:

Diary notes apps like diaro, journey etc include a calendar.

Evernote is more of a generic filing and note editor app; as noted, no calendar898886226_ScreenShot2019-08-13at11_58_55.png.5e8621ea770d6b5ee27c955bea8ed4c9.png

>>This is possible only by the introduction of a calendar in Evernote

Still not clear on the need; what dates are you using?
Can you give specific user cases where you need a calendar
- Evernote/Mac uses a calendar for setting the reminder date

I'm using a Mac and iPad and have access to an external calendar.  1864365532_ScreenShot2019-08-13at12_39_52.png.10a1680d7674ba70a4b3bfff2b3d9e08.png
Note, I include a link back to my Evernote Journal note

>>In that case I need to change the date of the entry.

I prefix the title with the subject date.
It's easily updated on any platform; no calendar required

398949343_ScreenShot2019-08-13at12_16_00.png.969c8259b1a9f4669800e99503979f39.png

To be more specific, how should I go to entry on a particular date? Scrolling all the way? That is not practical. A calendar (days/note picker) solves this. Touch on a date, and it should direct to entries made on that date. I can't find such a calendar on Android phone. Please see the screenshots of diaro and journey apps attached.

That is why I said that Evernote hasn't yet thought from the point of view of a date.

FOTO_20190814_071802.jpg

FOTO_20190814_071730.jpg

• Level 5*
37 minutes ago, Rajeshg said:

To be more specific, how should I go to entry on a particular date?...Evernote hasn't yet thought from the point of view of a date

Evernote provides an extensive search feature
The search for notes created Aug 14 is     
created:20190814 -created:20190815

👍 Thanks for that.

Still a calendar is the practical and intuitive way for this. Sometimes we may have to check a few dates successively. Typing such a search tag each time will not be comfortable. Anyway I hope that this search tag will help till a calendar is introduced. Thanks for the reply and info again.