Often when I use Evernote on the PC, I start typing in a new note and a few seconds later the app stops to sync which causing a backup in my typing and general frustration. What sync setting should I use to avoid this issue but still sync frequently enough?

Many thanks for the assistance!

• Level 5*

Not sure that you can avoid it - Evernote creates a blank new note window and then you type something in... and suddenly this formally formerly possible note is an actual note that needs a link into the database and search index,  so it can be closed and saved - and found again.  I work around this by typing my title first and waiting for the disconnect while the note gets added. 

This delay doesn't exist however if you attach a file to a note.  Attachments are added with the filename as the note title if you use an import folder.  If quick notes are a requirement for you,  why not consider using a third party app that will generate local RTF or DOCX (or another document format) files and drop the resulting file into an import folder?  (Scripting is available for Macs)

It stops a single time then seems to work fine afterwards. Incredibly annoying. What's odd is that this never happens on my mobile (Android) devices so it would seem to be either a setting or inconsistent programming in the background.