After Evernote 7.10 update: Search function doesn’t work anymore

Hi there,

My MacBook Pro (17", late 2012) is now running OS X Sierra 10.12 (I just upgraded from 10.10.5 Yosemite). And I also just updated my desktop Evernote app to: 

Version 7.10 (457743 App Store)  Editor: 69.1.8237 (1f0aea9)

The search function is no longer working. I have thousands of notes so with the Search function no longer working this is a much less useable app, so say the least.

One thing though, I just added a note and did a search and IT came up ... so maybe something about the Evernote database needing to rebuilt/index (or something ;)... ? 

I saw in another support topic here that there was a pull-down menu item under the main Evernote menu — 'Help' called 'Troubleshooting. I am not seeing that option in this Evernote version. 

Can anyone help? 

Thank you!

Christina

• Level 5*
47 minutes ago, Chnine said:

I saw in another support topic here that there was a pull-down menu item under the main Evernote menu — 'Help' called 'Troubleshooting. I am not seeing that option in this Evernote version. 

Hold down the option key when selecting Help

Rebuild Search Index is in the Troubleshooting menu

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Chnine said:

And I also just updated my desktop Evernote app to: 

Version 7.10 (457743 App Store)  Editor: 69.1.8237 (1f0aea9)

The search function is no longer working.

I experienced the same thing when I upgraded from EN Mac 6.11.1 to 7.10, although I am running Mojave.

As @DTLow, suggested, rebuild your Search Index in the OPT-Help > Troubleshooting menu.  This fixed the problem for me.

Screenshot:

image.png.283d64152bc52a15aa9e42912f032b26.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Addition:

The search index is the internal search of EN

The next position will rebuild the index for Spotlight, However, spotlight search currently seems to be limited to the title field. No text body, no attachments, no tags.

• Like 1