Walter 68

Notebook I No Longer Have access to

One of my notebooks is showing that I no longer have access to.  I would like to remove it or delete it.  What can I do?

Hi.  Is this a notebook that you own,  or one that has been shared to you?

Hmmn.  Can we see a screenshot of the message you see denying access?  It's very odd for this to happen with your own notebook.

I am having the same issue when I try to share a notebook. Its been successfully shared in the past with other people.  The attached image is what appears when the email link to access the notebook is clicked on.  I did not create this notebook - it was created by someone who no longer uses this EN account- could that be the issue?

Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 10.28.45 AM 2.png

image.thumb.png.f52984597930c6b1bc872143888e10cc.png

I was wanting to delete Week 1 notebook.  It does not have my name beside it.  I am not sure if I can delete it or not?

14 minutes ago, Walter 68 said:

I am not sure if I can delete it or not?

Click on the three dots at the end of the row for the Week 1 notebook and one of the options should be delete notebook.  That said, I'm not sure why there is no created by name listed.  Is this a notebook that you created, or is it one shared by someone to you?  If it is one shared to you and if you were only provided read ability, you may not be able to delete it.

When I hover over the 3 dots, I am given the error message that I no longer have access to this notebook.

Is this a notebook that someone has shared with you, or did you create it?

I am not quite sure. I wanted to clean up and organize my folders and just wanted to delete what I wasn’t using. Can it be removed from my view?

I don't use the share function much so can't offer much more.  I see related issues when I search the forum, so you may not be alone with this problem.  I would suggest contacting support to see if they can help further.  I think free users can get official help through Twitter.

If it is just to have it out of the view, you can create a stack called something like ZZZ_Archive, and put it there.

The "ZZZ" will move the stack to the very bottom of the stacks & notebook list, and you can hide as many notebooks in there as you wish, resp. as EN allows. But they will still be there, and be visible in other views, and cluttering things up.

If it is a notebook shared to you from another person, probably you will not be able to remove it without support from EN. Either try the Twitter address above, or go for one month to premium, which will allow you to contact support directly.