Unable to classify the issue with syncing notes.

N.A.

Idea

Hi

I am unable to classify this type of behaviour.

When saving clips from webclipper (on chrome, macos) it shows a success message, checking webclipper logs also positive (note uploaded).

However it then does not appear anywhere on the "fat client" (activity log shows no errors) as well as web (browser) based client.

However it does appear on the mobile (ios) client.

To me it looks like some EN backend storage sync issue (hypothesizing here greatly).

Any advice?

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, N.A. said:

However it then does not appear anywhere on the "fat client" (activity log shows no errors) as well as web (browser) based client.

However it does appear on the mobile (ios) client.

The syncing process is      device  <>  server  <>  device

If the clipping appears on your IOS device, the clipping existed on the server at some point
Also when viewing the clipping on your IOS device - the data is being retrieved from the server
(assuming no offline notebooks, and ignoring any cache)

Agree with this, however it does not explain the issue I am experiencing (with all respect).

I tried webclipper on firefox (same macos) and it worked for "fat" and mobile client straight away.

Then tried webclipper again on chrome and mobile client had a "new note" created, "fat" client still showing no new notes.

Anyway, it should be some "phantom pain", should go away if I try few simple steps (i.e. cache clearing, restart etc...)

thanks for info

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, N.A. said:

Then tried webclipper again on chrome and mobile client had a "new note" created, "fat" client still showing no new notes.

Have you taken a look in an all notes view sorted by Created - newest first?

Archived