Battery and Deep Sleep issues with Evernote

Hi -

I just installed Evernote on my Android OP3T running Android v7.1

I noticed a huge difference in battery life after setting up Evernote on my phone - and it wasn't in a good way. ?

My battery was now draining at about 3% per hour, instead of the typical 0.5% per hour.

So, I opened up Wakelock Detector, and saw Evernote on the top of the wakelock list. My OP3T was Active 69% of the time, and in Deep Sleep only 31% of the time.

When I uninstalled Evernote, my Deep Sleep went up to 93%, and my battery life returned back to my usual 0.5% per hour.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I really like Evernote, but I can't use it if it will drain my phone battery this heavily.

Thanks,

AzJazz

• Level 5*

I'd suggest an approach to both your phone and Evernote support - my Android 6.1 phone doesn't even show Evernote on its usage scale,  so your score seems likely due to either the phone or the OS,  or maybe there's something about Evernote that doesn't play well with Android 7.1 (or vice-versa).

Haven't seen a recent complaint about Android battery life before (AFAIK) but perhaps a few others with 7.1 can weigh in on their experience...

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue with my iPhone X AND on my macbook pro. 

Evernote is hugely gluttonous in energy. Thankfully I can still clip and write with my notepad even if I've quit the app but if I leave it open, which I wish I could do, my battery will drain super fast. A bummer. 

• Level 5*
38 minutes ago, Koandco said:

have the same issue with my iPhone X AND on my macbook pro.

OK, but you're posting in an Android-specific forum, so you're probably better off posting in forums specific to your devices. The different applications are, different...

4 minutes ago, jefito said:

OK, but you're posting in an Android-specific forum, so you're probably better off posting in forums specific to your devices. The different applications are, different...

Done as well, of course. 

It's the wight of the app, and the programming. It applies to all languages. 

Archived