Is it possible to auto rename title when using web clipper?

Furball_Claire

When using web clipper to catch a web page, the title would usually be the title of the article of the page,

is it possible to make the clipper auto generate a new title for the note? 

for example, can it make the title to be like this ?  -->    <DANCE> Grab the Popcorn

785813741_.thumb.JPG.6c874e96231ae65ed6387c9a56d70b10.JPG

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Furball_Claire said:

When using web clipper to catch a web page, the title would usually be the title of the article of the page,

for example, can it make the title to be like this ?  -->    <DANCE> Grab the Popcorn

I could use a script (Mac) to auto rename my web clippings.
I'm not clear as to the rules applied to define the new title

Using the Mac Safari web clipper, I am able to manually change the title before the Note is created.

• Level 5*

As far as I know, the web clipper has no UI to allow you to retitle the clip at te time that you're doing the clipping. If you need to change the title, you'll need to do it inside of an Evernote application afterwards.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Furball_Claire said:

If using Windows, you can't auto generate a new title, but you can change the title before you save the clip by editing it at the top of the clip screen.  Chrome example shown.

ScreenClip.png.cab3a7d3c72b5f5585b850c7385e6df1.png

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, CalS said:

If using Windows, you can't auto generate a new title, but you can change the title before you save the clip by editing it at the top of the clip screen.  Chrome example shown.

Nice. Didn't realize that that was an edit control...

OK. Thanks!

I thought it would be convenient if all the clipping title the same way, and they can be sorted easily.

Or is there other better ways to sorting all the clippings?

My clipping notes always look disordering, even sorting with tags didn't make it better. -->

image.png.7b8204218dc102552d0a0c1c08d8862a.png

• Level 5*

Sorting by tags is mostly useless, unless you very carefully manage your tag names, which I don't want to do. It's "alphabetic" (special characters ,may sort differently) on the first tag in a note (which themselves are sorted alphabetically).

So given the list above, what order would you want it in, since we can't guess what you mean by "disorderly"? And really, what good is a list that has so many members? You should consider using tags to filter your list down to a manageable size (5 -9 entries is a good start).

Archived