Roman Luks

Evernote no longer shows play button on notes with recordings

I use Evernote on my phone to create short recordings instead of typing. However, for some reason, when I view the note on my desktop (Windows) Evernote there is no way to play these recordings. Same thing happens when I record sound with Evernote for Windows.

There used to be a play and pause/stop button, but now I can only see the name of the recording and a timestamp. What happened?

Screenshots showing how it used to be "buttons" (found online) and what do I see now "no_buttons".

buttons.JPG

no_buttons.JPG

Hi.  I'm now on the 6.12 beta which has the same appearance.  Double-click the visible icon and you get a 'playing' pause and stop (x) control with a visible timeline.

5ad22f37300f6_ScreenClip7.png.8555ed27d97dd244cd2bd0669f6e35a8.png

User has to double click the audio file icon to play the recording. I didn't know that. It's a bit unintuitive. Thanks :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Roman Luks said:

User has to double click the audio file icon to play the recording. I didn't know that. It's a bit unintuitive. Thanks :)

FYI, you can double click just about any attachment icon in EN to activate the native app that supports it.