Support chat never online

katrinrr

since several days I try to get contact to the support chat. But no matter what time, day or night, the chat is always offline. :-( Bad support is the worst thing you can do to a future customer!

Maybe it will cause ,that I will never use evernotes.

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you're a future customer,  that may explain why you can't get into chat - it's for premium and business subscribers only.  It is possible to post queries here if you're having an issue,  or if you use Twitter,  contact Evernote on @EvernoteHelps

I’ve been trying to chat with support for a week. If it’s only for paid subscribers they should point that out, rather than simply posting hours of operation along with the word “offline,” which creates the impression that a return trip later might result in something other than wasted time.

I have been a paid subscriber in the past but it seems like EN is really circling the drain these past few years, and although I was considering an upgrade that is now very unlikely.

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, mackenzie999 said:

I’ve been trying to chat with support for a week

Hi.  Sorry you've had a problem,  but on the basis they're on Facebook, Twitter and this forum,  and a quick check on Google generates 2.5M hits about chat support,  they probably figure that warnings on the website would be redundant.  But I agree - 'not available' would be better than 'offline' if they're not going to speak to you.

If you're still a paying subscriber you'd be entitled to email support, or at worst there's the extensive Help & Learning site or here on the Forums,  if you want to give us some more details of your issue.  (Plus we're usually quicker to respond than a live suport person,  though not necessarily able to help with payment or security issues...)

• 2 months later...
On 1/17/2018 at 6:43 AM, gazumped said:

Hi.  Sorry you've had a problem,  but on the basis they're on Facebook, Twitter and this forum,  and a quick check on Google generates 2.5M hits about chat support,  they probably figure that warnings on the website would be redundant.  But I agree - 'not available' would be better than 'offline' if they're not going to speak to you.

If you're still a paying subscriber you'd be entitled to email support, or at worst there's the extensive Help & Learning site or here on the Forums,  if you want to give us some more details of your issue.  (Plus we're usually quicker to respond than a live suport person,  though not necessarily able to help with payment or security issues...)

I'm a premium subscriber and can't figure out how to get to live support.  I just get fill into info for ticket number.  

my problem is i can't see my notes offline even thou under offline notebooks, download all notes is checked. 

• Level 5*

19 minutes ago, ALAINR said:

my problem is i can't see my notes offline even thou under offline notebooks, download all notes is checked. 

Which device/platform?

Offline is working for me on my iPad, but it required a long time to complete the download.

I can't see all the notes d from my mac on my iphone 7+.  I can see some of the notes offline, but not the ones i needed!

It happened once before and i was told it was due to an update.  that doesn't help w hen you are traveling.

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, ALAINR said:

I can't see all the notes d from my mac on my iphone 7+.  I can see some of the notes offline, but not the ones i needed!

Do you see all the notes when online?

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, ALAINR said:

The only thing I can suggest is to reset your offline settings.

I created a separate notebook for critical notes so the download would be faster.

What do you  mean by "the download will be faster".  the notes sync automatically.

by resetting offline settings, do you mean to uncheck "download all notes" and then recheck it?

My concern is that if there is not a specific reason why some notes were not available offline, how do i prevent it from happening in the future?

Today, when i go on airplane to test it, all notes appear to be visible.  The problem happened in a parking garage when i could not see the notes i needed.

I appreciate your responses!

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, ALAINR said:

What do you  mean by "the download will be faster".  the notes sync automatically.

It takes a week for my 12GB of notes to download for offline access.
With the critical notes in a separate notebook downloading on their own takes 6 hours.

>>Today, when i go on airplane to test it, all notes appear to be visible.  The problem happened in a parking garage when i could not see the notes i needed.

I'm not clear about airplanes and parking garages.
I test offline mode by turning off wifi on my iPad. 

Archived