IOS 11 and Penultimate

Severine

Since the new IOS 11 Penultimate keeps crashing with no error message. This is happening to quite a few users.

Please assist or advise. (All apps and IOS are up to date, uninstall and reinstall has been tried too. ) 

Anyone having this issue too? 

Sev

• Level 5*

Anyone with this issue should contact Support directly if you're a paying customer on https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new or tweet them if not via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

This is a mainly user-supported forum,  and while developers do read these posts eventually,  it's not instant and it's not the tech team anyway.

There have been quite a few posts on Penultimate issues so Evernote should already be aware of the situation.

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Brandon Arnold said:

I’m pretty sure Evernote is indeed “aware of the situation” and have opted to be silent until they inevitably announce its end of life.

You may have access to information I don't,  but iOS 11 only happened recently and Evernote might not have been previously aware that the two would not play well together - if that's what is happening.  If no-one mentions it to Evernote though,  they will assume that if no-one cares,  there's no point in wasting resource on fixing it and your prophecy will definitely come true...

• Level 5*

I've submitted #2216325 to Evernote Support

I'll update this post when I get a response

edited - Response from Support

We are aware of an issue with Penultimate crashing when trying to create or rename a notebook on iOS 11. We are working on getting an update with a fix out as soon as we can - barring any complications, we're hoping to get that out in the next week or two.

In the meantime, a workaround would be to create a new notebook in Evernote, then move a Penultimate note into it so that that notebook appears in Penultimate. To confirm, only creating a new notebook (or renaming) should prompt a crash - you should still be able to create a new note in an existing notebook. 

Archived