• Announcements

• Shane D.

Evernote Business Beta - Spaces   12/20/2017

We're very excited to announce the public beta of an upcoming rework for Evernote Business! To learn more, go Here
    • Shane D.

2018 Evernote Webinars   01/04/2018

To kick off the new year, we're excited to announce our  updated schedule for our series of webinars! Please check the events calendar to see which one works best for you!
    • Shane D.

Upcoming Forum Change Announcement   02/14/2018

Hi All! You may be seeing some changes with overall organization and layout of the discussion forums. You can learn more by going to the 'Upcoming Forum Change Announcement' in the 'Community Announcements' sub-forum!  
Cre8withJulie

Craft Creating Notes from an Excel Spreadsheet

I am trying to create individual notes from an excel spreadsheet.  I did this 1 time about 15 months ago but nothing I seem to do will work.   Here is what I have done so far:

Drag a CSV file from Finder to Evernote Elephant icon on bottom tray Result.  1 note with my cvs file as an attachment in note

Drag Data in Column A (rows 1 - 80) with header or without header record onto Evernote Elephant in Bottom Tray . - Result 1 note with each row in a list under the note title

Drag .Xlsx file onto Evernote Elephant in Bottom Tray - Result - 1 note with File name as Note - and .xlsx file as attachment

I am trying to get each row in column A to be a unique note

Please help!

21 hours ago, Cre8withJulie said:

I am trying to create individual notes from an excel spreadsheet.

afaik  This is not a feature in Evernote (create individual notes from an excel spreadsheet)
Evernote can create an individual note for each file; but this requires you to convert your speadsheet data to separate files

I have scripted this on my Mac by parsing a .csv file, and could probably import directly from an excel spreadsheet

A few years ago I converted a spreadsheet into files by using the Mail Merge feature in MSOffice.  Use the spreadsheet as a data file and design the output layout using fields in a Word document.  It's possible (or was then) to save the output to file - I used TXT format,  then added the files to an Import Folder (there are scripting options for Mac).

Obviously proceed cautiously and process a small number of records in a test copy spreadhseet first!