Accidentally deleted text

Typing along in a note that I've been working on for a few days and I fat fingered something (I don't know what), I saw it select a bunch of text and delete it.

Undo and Ctrl+Z did not do anything. I looked for File History, but that was yesterday's version.

I am using the Evernote Desktop Premium edition version 6.6.4.5512 on Windows 7 Pro.

So frustrating !!!

• Level 5*

Sometimes the history backup of a note is taken right after you exit from the edit, sometimes not.  If you did not exit from the note then the note would not have had a chance to make it to history at all.

I think Evernote needs to work on being able to make sure that Undo and Ctrl+Z will work for the last several keystrokes. And I see that people have been harping on this for years. This feature is way overdue.

• Level 5
6 minutes ago, csihilling said:

Ctrl-Z seems to work for me, as long as I do it before I exit the note...

Yes, but it works erratically. It's really dependent on what you've just been doing. Sometimes it reverts a few keystrokes or words, sometimes it reverts a whole paragraph--and then won't allow a redo.

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Yes, but it works erratically. It's really dependent on what you've just been doing. Sometimes it reverts a few keystrokes or words, sometimes it reverts a whole paragraph--and then won't allow a redo.

Lucky me to this point.  :huh:

Archived