Change text size for selected text in an individual note.

Dave.Robinson16@Gmail.com

Idea

Provide the ability to select text in an individual note change the text size. 

Currently when cutting & pasting (even in the same note) the pasted  text is normally larger than the default text size and there is no way to change it. This is unacceptable.

Using the Simplified Formatting feature only negates other formatting changes that have been made in the note. This is also not acceptable. 

This is a standard feature in most document writers and should not be a big problem to develop. 

We should also be able to change the text size of any text in a note, for emphasis, recognition, or any other purpose. 

This request has been made several times in this forum:Copy format from selected text, paste format onto new selected text

Copy Paste from Word to Evernote Looses all Formatting

Preserve formatting when pasting text
Paste Format
And in the similar idea: Request: Change default font size. This post has 33 votes & 50 replies but is not even listed in the Forum ideas list. 
I have put a reference to this post in all the similiar posts. Hopefully we can get Evernotes attention to this request. 

If the Evernote team understands this request, PLEASE respond with your understanding and tell us if and WHEN this feature will be available. 

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, Dave.Robinson16@Gmail.com said:

Is this specific to a platform? 
Changing text size is available on the Mac/Win platforms

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Dave.Robinson16@Gmail.com said:

It is not available on Android! 

I’ve  moved the discussion to the Android Forum 

There are similar requests in the IOS Forum

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Dave.Robinson16@Gmail.com said:

Where on the Evernote Forum is this feature request??

The Android Product Feedback forum

The forum name is at the top left corner of the discussion

• Level 5
On 7/29/2017 at 0:41 PM, Dave.Robinson16@Gmail.com said:

Currently when cutting & pasting (even in the same note) the pasted  text is normally larger than the default text size and there is no way to change it. This is unacceptable.

Using the Simplified Formatting feature only negates other formatting changes that have been made in the note. This is also not acceptable. 

This is a standard feature in most document writers and should not be a big problem to develop. 

We should also be able to change the text size of any text in a note, for emphasis, recognition, or any other purpose.

The pasting issue has been thoroughly agonized over in the Android Help forum, and the last word from Evernote was "We are currently in the process of correcting this, and will likely be fixed within the next few updates" (see https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/100902-pasting-copied-text-is-a-different-font-and-size/?do=findComment&comment=454336). That was over 6 months ago. It's hard to understand why this is taking so long to fix; I have to assume that either (a) it's harder to fix than it looks, perhaps because of the Chrome-based editor that EN Android now uses; or (b) even worse malfunctions are being addressed first.

A request for the ability to change the font size has also been made and should be further voted up:

Better, IMHO, to vote up that request than to start a new one, so that (hopefully) the developers see the volume of requests.

Anyway, Dave, thanks for adding your voice to these requests.

To Dave in Decatur: I'm glad you are keeping up with this. I would note that 80887 (Change default font size) is a request for a DEFAULT font change, not the problem being addressed here. 

I apologize for starting a new post here and anyone who gets this far in reading this post should go to 100902 Pasting copied text is a different font & size AND VOTE for that request. 

To vote you just click the up arrow next to the top original request. 

Archived