How long does it take to index pdf pages?

magnoliasouth

Just a semi-quick question. When I attach scanned documents as pdf's (and I am a premium subscriber) how long does it take for Evernote to index it? Today was the first time that I used this feature and it seems to be taking some time, which is why I ask. I have no problem waiting, I just want to know the limit so I know when it's a problem.

Many thanks!

• Level 5*
39 minutes ago, magnoliasouth said:

Just a semi-quick question. When I attach scanned documents as pdf's (and I am a premium subscriber) how long does it take for Evernote to index it? Today was the first time that I used this feature and it seems to be taking some time, which is why I ask. I have no problem waiting, I just want to know the limit so I know when it's a problem.

It depends on how many people are submitting PDFs at the same time, but I've always found it fast; minutes; not hours

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*
14 hours ago, evernoteforumQ said:

How long would Evernote take to index about 7,000 notes (about 2–3GB) that have just been synced from the web to the desktop app?

I would think indexing would be quick.  The last time I rebuilt my DB from the web I think the indexing occurred pretty much as the notes were downloaded.  Not your experience?

Thanks. I was having another issue and was wondering if initial indexing would have been the  cause. Apparently not.

BTW, I want to exclude Evernote results from Spotlight searches. I have Spotlight set to search Documents but I only want to see results for Word and Text files etc, not Evernote.

I think I need to find the Metadata folder and add it to the list of excluded folders in Spotlight settings, according to this, but the thread was from 2011 and that pathway mentioned by Enberg does not exist anymore, at least on my computer. Any idea where the Metada folder is nowadays? Or other methods to achieve the same effect?

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, evernoteforumQ said:

Thanks. I was having another issue and was wondering if initial indexing would have been the  cause. Apparently not.

BTW, I want to exclude Evernote results from Spotlight searches. I have Spotlight set to search Documents but I only want to see results for Word and Text files etc, not Evernote.

I think I need to find the Metadata folder and add it to the list of excluded folders in Spotlight settings, according to this, but the thread was from 2011 and that pathway mentioned by Enberg does not exist anymore, at least on my computer. Any idea where the Metada folder is nowadays? Or other methods to achieve the same effect?

I'm a Windows user, will need a Mac user to respond to this one.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, evernoteforumQ said:

The way I found the EN folder was run a spotlight search128442559_ScreenShot2018-09-27at19_09_58.png.a48977f8c1d6f495878eb40cde796be1.png
Pointing to the right of Documents reveals Shows All which opens a Finder window
This identified the ENNote folder

1865742698_ScreenShot2018-09-27at19_01_36.png.433633b847fbb78ad23f6e2d8680252b.png

Archived