Saved Search Query Too Long

Hi folks,

Can anyone shed some light on why I cannot save a search query that contains only three parameters? Evernote throws a sync error stating "The query is too long". A query with three parameters is hardly excessive and if the error is due to the number of characters then maybe Evernote search terms should not be so verbose.

Here are the specifics:

The following three saved searches were created and work successfully to produce the desired results:

Saved Search Name: "Overdue <1 month"
Query: -reminderDoneTime:* reminderTime:month-1 -reminderTime:day

Saved Search Name: "Overdue 1-2 months"
Query: -reminderDoneTime:* reminderTime:month-2 -reminderTime:month-1

Saved Search Name: "Overdue 2+ months"
Query: -reminderDoneTime:* -reminderTime:month-2

However, Evernote throws up the attached sync error.

Any help appreciated.

Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 11.53.41 am.png

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Stuart G said:

Can anyone shed some light on why I cannot save a search query that contains only three parameters?

Sorry, No ideas as to the problem59320190863df_ScreenShot2017-06-02at5_20_44PM.png.33cf9895d59b10366741496c8e8c275c.png
I duplicated your searh parameters and they synced

56 minutes ago, DTLow said:

No ideas as to the problem59320190863df_ScreenShot2017-06-02at5_20_44PM.png.33cf9895d59b10366741496c8e8c275c.png
I duplicated your searh parameters and they synced

Thanks for doing that. Your success seems to indicate the issue is something to specific to my set up or account. I have only ~60 saved searches which is below the 100 limit which I believe exists so that can't be the issue either. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Have you tried copying and pasting the search text into the search box manually?  IE not using the 'saved' search? It may be that the saved search is somehow corrupt and feeding a lot more data than the actual words indicate.  If so,  you could delete the existing saved searches and re-save them.  Otherwise this seems like a case for reaching out to @EvernoteHelps to get more help...

30 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Have you tried copying and pasting the search text into the search box manually?  IE not using the 'saved' search? It may be that the saved search is somehow corrupt and feeding a lot more data than the actual words indicate.  If so,  you could delete the existing saved searches and re-save them.  Otherwise this seems like a case for reaching out to @EvernoteHelps to get more help...

Thanks for the suggestion. Deleting and re-establishing them worked. They have now successfully synced across my two Macs and two iOS devices. That was an odd one because the searches actually worked correctly on my Mac but just would not sync. I'll remember that trick for next time.  

Thanks again :) 

Archived