on click in search box, show last 10 or so

randial

Idea

It would be very useful if when I click into the search box to begin typing, it would automatically show the last 5 to 10 searches. I am inside Evernote Business all day and multitask on the extreme side.  This feature is already in other primary programs and proves to be very useful there.

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
43 minutes ago, randial said:

It would be very useful if when I click into the search box to begin typing, it would automatically show the last 5 to 10 searches. I am inside Evernote Business all day and multitask on the extreme side.  This feature is already in other primary programs and proves to be very useful there.

You don't say what platform, but if Windows, Ctrl-Q will show you your last 5 searches.  Not sure if it can be modified to 10.

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, randial said:

It would be very useful if when I click into the search box to begin typing, it would automatically show the last 5 to 10 searches.

Which platform?  On Mac and IOS, the last 5 searches are displayed on the search page

IMG_1714.PNG.20525975523572afe2dd6ae0d063b6a1.PNG

Platform being Windows 10 using Evernote desktop software.

The problem with using Ctrl-Q is that it takes me from a notebook I'm in to the top so instead of what may be a few results I get hundreds.

• Level 5*

Yeah, Ctrl-Q does not remember notebook context for recent searches, context converts to All Notes.  My bad, never noticed since most of my searches are All Notes anyway.  I don't have many notebooks.

Probably not effective, but notes selected using the back arrow in the toolbar maintain search parameters and context.  May not include all the searches you want though.  FWIW.

Archived