[feature request] Quick Formatting for Headers

archaicgod

Idea

After a bit of Googling, I am unable to find any official documentation regarding hotkeys or any other sort of convenient formatting for the new web product.

Mainly what I'm looking for is an easy way to use Header styles for organization without having to manually change font-size, font-color, or any other manual change that would have to be remembered to keep it consistent across notes and time.

Whether this is through something like Markdown or some in-house method doesn't matter: so long as it's possible.

This is in part a bit of a revival of a past request from the old product forums:

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  The web client hasn't been updated from what was a 2015 feature-poor 'beta' version of an original launched a long time ago.  The web has moved on.  New development is mentioned..  An update is,  allegedly,  coming:  https://blog.evernote.com/tech/2016/10/17/bringing-micro-services-to-the-client-side-project-ion-and-micro-components

There are no styles,  and markdown is not directly supported.  The documentation (the title of which is now a little out of date) starts here.. Welcome to the new Evernote Web

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, archaicgod said:

Mainly what I'm looking for is an easy way to use Header styles for organization without having to manually change font-size, font-color, or any other manual change that would have to be remembered to keep it consistent across notes and time.

There's been no indication from Evernote on implementing this type of Word Processing styles on any of the platforms

As a work-around you might look at scripting apps.  I'm not a Web platform user, but I was able to script header styles on my Mac

On 3/13/2017 at 8:47 AM, DTLow said:

There's been no indication from Evernote on implementing this type of Word Processing styles on any of the platforms

As a work-around you might look at scripting apps.  I'm not a Web platform user, but I was able to script header styles on my Mac

It exist on iPads

Archived