100.000 tags is maximum number of tags for all notebooks or just one notebook?

• Level 5*

I hereby predict that you will never use 100,000 tags. Or even 50,000. 1,000 would be a lot, unless you have a very special use-case, and a lot of free time on your hands to manage them.

7 hours ago, jefito said:

I hereby predict that you will never use 100,000 tags. Or even 50,000. 1,000 would be a lot, unless you have a very special use-case, and a lot of free time on your hands to manage them.

For me it's not very clear whether this 100,000 tag limit is about number of tag instances in all notes or different tags (types)

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, eric99 said:

For me it's not very clear whether this 100,000 tag limit is about number of tag instances in all notes or different tags (types)

100,000 different tags

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, cgstudio.us said:

Where do I find my total number of tags? I used to get that information from the iOS app until they released the new app? 

I don't think a tag count is displayed anywhere.

I could generate a count on my Mac using scripting

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, cgstudio.us said:

What is the script for doing that and do I paste it into the search field? Thanks for the reply!

Its actually  Applescript on a Mac

tell application "Evernote" to set theTags to every tag

display dialog (count of theTags)

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, cgstudio.us said:

I searched for AppleScript on my Mac and opened a new script editor. I pasted the code above and hit the play button and a dialogue popped up with the number of tags. Great! Thanks.

You're welcome
And good for you, jumping into scripting.  Now that you're a script user, you've opened a new level of Evernote for yourself

You have been very helpful. I know this is off-topic. However, I have created an automator script that I can use to copy local file links and paste them into Evernote. However, it leaves off "file://" off from the front of the copied link. Before I re-installed my OS, I had an automator script that would copy the link in a clickable state. However, since the re-install I haven't been able to find the instructions to set it up again. Do you know of a script or a thread where that process is outlined? Thanks!

• Level 5*
24 minutes ago, cgstudio.us said:

Do you know of a script or a thread where that process is outlined?

Sorry,  I don't

If you want to start a discussion and post the script there are a few users who would look at it

Archived