Jump to content
  • 0
raroos

Request: Allow styling on saved searches

Idea

Would be great if you could apply styling on a saved search. Like you can also apply styling on a notebook.

Share this post


Link to post

9 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 0

You can apply styling to shortcuts, if you have them enabled in the left panel (View / Shortcuts / Show in left panel).. If you add a saved search to the shortcuts, you can style it that way. You also get the note counts for shortcuts.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

OK. Can you please tell me step by step how I style a search shortcut and how I make Evernote show the number of items in a search after the search name? It works for notebooks but I can't find out how to this for a saved search.

ScreenClip.png

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Ugh. My mistake, You cannot style shortcuts that are based on saved searches. You only style shortcuts based on notebooks or tags (i.e., drag a notebook or tag to Shortcuts). The ones that have a magnifying glass icon; you cannot style these, and their note counts don't show up in the Shortcuts left panel list. That's unfortunate. Sorry about that.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
3 hours ago, raroos said:

I know. That is why I said it would be nice ?

The names of your saved searches resembles labels. Have you considered using tags instead of saved searches for your purpose? This would allow you both to style them and see the number of notes in the shortcuts menu.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

That could be an option. I currently use notebooks for implementation a GTD session. Being able to drag and drop notes is very efficient. Not sure if that is possible with tags.

Thanks for the tip.

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
10 hours ago, gustavgi said:

The names of your saved searches resembles labels. Have you considered using tags instead of saved searches for your purpose? This would allow you both to style them and see the number of notes in the shortcuts menu.

It does work, the only disadvantage is that labels are not removed. When I drag a note onto another label, from ready to next action for example, the ready label is not removed. When I use notebooks this is problem is not there, because notes can only be in one notebook. 

Do you perhaps have a solution/idea for this?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
10 hours ago, raroos said:

That could be an option. I currently use notebooks for implementation a GTD session. Being able to drag and drop notes is very efficient. Not sure if that is possible with tags.

Thanks for the tip.

 

I wouldn't suggest that you use tags instead of notebooks in that case. I was more wondering in what way you use saved searches in Shortcuts. Those won't allow you to drag and drop, but depending on how "advanced" your saved searches are, tags won't be much of a help in that case either.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
10 hours ago, raroos said:

It does work, the only disadvantage is that labels are not removed. When I drag a note onto another label, from ready to next action for example, the ready label is not removed. When I use notebooks this is problem is not there, because notes can only be in one notebook. 

Do you perhaps have a solution/idea for this?

This is a pick your poison choice.  Notebooks make it easier to move tasks through the GTD cycle though searching across all work is less friendly, tags make it easier on saved searches and sorting, though you have to add/delete tags as you promote a task.  IMO anyway.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...