Lost notebook

ESG

Using a Chromebook with Chrome.

I only have two notebooks. When I tried to change notebooks to add a new entry, the dropdown did not have the 2nd notebook.

When I do a search of a tag I know I wrote in the 2nd notebook, the note appears with the 2nd notebook name. When I select the down arrow in the drop-down, the 1st notebook name is gone.

I deleted the Notebook Web extension in Chrome. Closed Chrome. Downloaded Evernote Web. Opened Evernote and it appeared. The extension listing is still gone. The 2nd notebook does not appear, yet all my notes seem to be intact.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, ESG said:

I only have two notebooks. When I tried to change notebooks to add a new entry, the dropdown did not have the 2nd notebook.

Any chance the missing entry is a local Notebook

If it's not in the cloud, you can't save to it

I am using a Chromebook. There is no local drive to store anything.

It is not an issue with saving a note, it is selecting and placing the note in the 2nd notebook. The new note goes into the 1st notebook.

2 hours ago, DTLow said:

Any chance the missing entry is a local Notebook

If it's not in the cloud, you can't save to it

I just reread your message. Are you saying if I enter a note using my PC, that note will not sync to my other devices? If yes, how do I scrub my hard drive and put everything in the Evernote cloud.

I could have sworn, in the Evernote literature, it says anything entered into one device can be seen on any of my devices.

What am I doing wrong?

• Level 5*
42 minutes ago, ESG said:

I just reread your message. Are you saying if I enter a note using my PC, that note will not sync to my other devices? 

By default, Notebooks and Notes are sync'd and available on all devices

Window/Mac platform users have the option of specifying a Notebook and it's Notes are Local  i.e. not sync'd and only available on the one device.Screen Shot 2016-12-30 at 6.24.59 PM.png

For example here's my notebook list using the Mac platform

The notebook @Local is only available on my Mac and is not seen on any other device or platform

I do not see notebook @Local 
if I use the web platform
- if I use the web clipper

>>If yes, how do I scrub my hard drive and put everything in the Evernote cloud.

You create a new Notebook, not defined as Local, and move the notes to it

OK. Thanks for that explanation. I have not set any of my Evernote Notebooks to local.

My original question still stands. When I am writing a new note, I can not select which notebook should house the note. The 2 nd notebook is not available as a selection. Therefore, all new notes are labeled to the 1st notebook.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Are you using the new web version,  or the original 'classic' style?  In either case the default view is 'all notes' without a notebook indication.  The way to get to a 'notebooks' view is to click the dropdown (old version) or the notebooks icon (new version) in the left column.  When creating a new note however,  even though I have several notebooks,  the 'old' version doesn't allow me to create a note in anything but the default notebook.  The new version however does - see pics below.

Can't offer much hope that the 'old' view will get any TLC in the near future - Evernote are looking at replacing both versions with a 'new tech' coded version later this year.  Meantime if you want a choice of notebooks,  it looks like the new web version is your only hope.  ;)

ScreenClip [3].png

ScreenClip [4].png

Archived