• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, Lostnsavd said:

I am thinking of upgrading to Evernote Plus, but I was wondering, once I pay for Plus, $34.99, how will it automatically affect my devices for syncing them?

Basic/Plus/Premium - I'm seeing no changes in the syncing process - it's all done automatically

There are increased upload limits;  60 MB (Basic), 1 GB (Plus), 10 GB (Premium)

Also, you can have all your devices logged in and syncing at the same time (Basic restricted you to two simultaneous devices)

I'll tell you, I have really been disappointed.  I have wanted to talk to a 'live' person about upgrading, and haven't been able to.  I called a phone number only to get a recording that the person wasn't available (and they never gave the name of the company).  Then I called customer service and the person on the other line never identified the company. So, I hung up. 

I am very skeptical of scams, I with the cost of upgrading, Evernote should give paid customers the courteously of having "LIVE SUPPORT."  My opinion.

Thanks,

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Lostnsavd said:

Once I upgrade to Plus, how will Evernote know how many devices I have and how does it know to sync them all?  Will there be a page with a list of my devices to check off?

Syncing is triggered by the device when you log on.

There is a device list in your settings, but as a paying user you never have to look at it.  You can access it to revoke access to obsolete devices.

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, Lostnsavd said:

I'll tell you, I have really been disappointed.  I have wanted to talk to a 'live' person about upgrading, and haven't been able to.  I called a phone number only to get a recording that the person wasn't available (and they never gave the name of the company).  Then I called customer service and the person on the other line never identified the company. So, I hung up. 

I am very skeptical of scams, I with the cost of upgrading, Evernote should give paid customers the courteously of having "LIVE SUPPORT."  My opinion.

fwiw  On the support page, there is an option for a chat session.

For myself, I've been happy with the response in this forum from the collective user base.

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, Lostnsavd said:

Thanks,

Very few companies support phone calls anymore. Premium offers live chat for support, but Plus is email only.

To answer your question, your devices will connect automatically. Your devices don't know how many devices are on your account, so they connect. When they connect, Evernote will either allow them or block them if you are on a 2 device Basic plan and are over 2. When on Plus, it will let then all connect. you need to do nothing.

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, Lostnsavd said:

Okay, I did grit my teeth and upgraded to plus.  A dialog box popped up and said to get started and I clicked on it and nothing happened.  Now what?

HELP!  Hahaha

Not sure what the dialog box was but you should just continue to use Evernote as you've been doing.

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, Lostnsavd said:

Ruh roh.  I have a device that says, "it is unable to sync."  Now what?

That is unrelated to your account status.

1. what device?
  2. can you restart the app?
  3. can you see a stuck note? On iOS it will be a note with a green triangle in the corner signifying it hasn't sync'd. On Windows you can switch to List view and add the "Sync" column and see which one(s) has a dot.
  4. look at your sync log. It may specifically tell you which note(s) is the issue, or why it cannot sync.

I have four devices.  PC/Windows 10-desktop, laptop PC/Windows 10, an iPad 4 mini, and an Android phone. 

My iPad is not syncing.  :(  My iPad wants me to upgrade to "Plus."  I already did, through my desktop computer. 

My phone did sync.

And my laptop did sync, but not my iPad. 

• Level 5*
30 minutes ago, Lostnsavd said:

Ok, I fixed it.  I had to uninstall Evernote from my iPad.  Reinstall it and sign in again.  Everything is synced.  :) 

Thanks again for all your help.

:)

Cool. That probably wasn't necessary. Worst case I suspect you could have logged off and back on on the iPad, but either way, glad you are up and running!

Archived