Moving database to SDXC drive

Victor Liew

Idea

My Evernote premium database is taking up too much precious hard disk space on my MacBook Pro Retina.

To increase on-board storage, I installed a permanent SDXC drive.

Is it possible to install the Evernote.app on the SDXC drive in order for the database to reside in the SDXC? The purpose is to reclaim my MacBook's internal memory space.

Thanks.

Victor

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Victor Liew said:

Is it possible to install the Evernote.app on the SDXC drive in order for the database to reside in the SDXC? The purpose is to reclaim my MacBook's internal memory space.

Its not currently a Mac feature

An option was discussed at https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/99690-how-to-change-evernote-location-data-file/?do=findComment&comment=429838

On 9/14/2016 at 8:54 AM, Victor Liew said:

My Evernote premium database is taking up too much precious hard disk space on my MacBook Pro Retina.

To increase on-board storage, I installed a permanent SDXC drive.

Thanks.

Victor

Moving the database isn't currently supported. You can try the steps in the thread @DTLow provided a link to, however we would be unable to provide support or troubleshooting for this. I'm going to move this to the Product Feedback Thread as a feature request.

Archived