Evernote deleted two months of work

I have been using Evernote to keep track of a personal writing project because I thought Evernote would be more reliable than my home server. I had been working on a document for over two months, and Evernote deleted 75% of this document today. There doesn't seem to be any way for me to retrieve this content, and there is no way to contact customer service. I don't expect premium support when I'm  not paying for a premium service, but I did expect the app to work as it was supposed to. I'm very frustrated, and plan to stop using Evernote as soon as I have moved all of my other files. I'm posting this in case anyone--including Evernote staff--has any suggestions about how I might be able to retrieve my file, but also to let users know about this experience. Make sure to back up your Evernote data on a regular basis!

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, duneguy said:

I have been using Evernote to keep track of a personal writing project because I thought Evernote would be more reliable than my home server. I had been working on a document for over two months, and Evernote deleted 75% of this document today. There doesn't seem to be any way for me to retrieve this content, and there is no way to contact customer service. I don't expect premium support when I'm  not paying for a premium service, but I did expect the app to work as it was supposed to. I'm very frustrated, and plan to stop using Evernote as soon as I have moved all of my other files. I'm posting this in case anyone--including Evernote staff--has any suggestions about how I might be able to retrieve my file, but also to let users know about this experience. Make sure to back up your Evernote data on a regular basis!

I haven't known Evernote to delete data, but sometimes things get messed up in syncing
I have managed to accidently delete data, and was able to retriieve it,
Two options for retrieval
- I have my own backups
- Evernote maintains an archive Note History
  Access to this is a paid feature.  You might find it worth enrolling for a month to  retieve your lost data.

Archived