Support Line Spacing

InnocentSparrow

Idea

I've been looking on the internet for an option or a work around to adjust the line spacing in evernote notes, but there doesn't seem to be an effective way to change it for large blocks of text (e.g. an article). I deal with a lot of asian texts, and they're quite unwieldy to read on Evernote. There's an attached picture of it. 

I'd like to have this option available so things can be done directly in Evernote, and not have to resort to copying and pasting all the text into a word document, change the formatting, then copy and paste it back into Evernote OR attach a separate file. Seems a bit silly to have this extra, unnecessary step. 

post-228674-0-63673100-1413506034_thumb.

• Like 2

I actually found the Evernote forum bc I was looking for a way to change line spacing... It's funny how some people think that this is beyond a "basic" feature.  It's actually very much part of the note-taking experience.  Spacing helps for grouping thoughts-- and honestly should be that much more code on the backend, compared to what code is already featured.  Trying to make the text smaller and it takes up the same amount of space just seems like lazy coding.  My subscription ran out and I have yet to renew it because for as much as this costs, spacing should be included... 

**yes yes I know this is a user forum.  Feedback going to Evernote as well.  But forums are for opinions too!**

Happy note-taking!

• Level 5
6 hours ago, PattyHatcher said:

… My subscription ran out and I have yet to renew it because for as much as this costs, spacing should be included... 

Made my day ! You read somewhere that by subscribing, you get an individual feature wish coded for free ?

Tell you what: You don’t have to renew, but if you do, spacing will still not be included. Because it is by no means basic, and if you wish to structure your text visually, you can always add an extra line for the look of it.

• Level 5*
On 2017-10-25 at 4:10 AM, ssxtrix said:

super crucial feature

On 2017-12-07 at 10:18 AM, kozalak said:

This feature is a must!

On 2018-01-18 at 2:44 PM, Fulton said:

Line spacing support is essential.

Maybe; for a word processing app; I use Word/Pages
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, rdenzel said:

I build my notes in Evernote over time, but when I want to take it to a word processing app, the paste into Word (or Wordpress) now has a blank line between every paragraph.

I actually start my document in Word/Pages (or Excel/Numbers) and only use the Evernote editor for basic notes.  It's not just line spacing, there are other features not supported by the Evernote editor.  For these documents, Evernote only functions as the storage mechanism.

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, Jonas Lismont said:

Yes, paragraph spacing is very important.

Not important to me, but then I'm just writing notes. I just use a blank line

Have you considered using a word processing app?

• Level 5*
On 5/7/2018 at 8:16 AM, ssxtrix said:

i find it more likely that a proper superior competitor to emerge than to evernote to listen to users and implement this basic stuff

You have the option to use mostly any word processing editor for features like line spacing.  
The Evernote editor works well for basic notes; for word processing, Word/Pages are superior editors.

edit: Discussion has been merged with ongoing discussion   
To indicate support fot this request, use the vote button at the top left corner of the discussion