OLD Notes created on computer show on iPhone but not on Macbook

I really need some help (and am super nervous about using this platform, but I have searched the forums and have no where else to turn. Ill try to anticipate questions about my question :)

I generated about a hundred notes, each in various notebooks, over a year ago using my macbook for a research project. These notes synced with my iPhone and I can still see them there. I can see the notebooks I made on my macbook, but no notes inside. In other words, I can SEE these notebooks on my macbook, they simply say that they have ZERO notes in them. And, I can see these notebooks and notes on my iPhone). 

Last piece of important info for you amazing and generous sleuths:  I have neither a new iPhone nor a new macbook since I put the new notes in my computer. I DO remember getting the notice about conflicting changes and I thought that I input the correct answer for each, and I let it do its thing.

I was thinking about taking the deal for 50% off EN Premium, but not sure its gonna be worth it! I need this help to finish my dissertation in a terrible way. thank you so much!! 

• Level 5*

Hi.  It's not possible (unless you looked at each one individually) to 'see' all your notes on a mobile device.  They're saved into temporary memory on that device unless and until they're synced to the servers at Evernote.com,  after which the memory will be overwritten when necessary.  You may have a list of note titles,  buit that is probably all it is - a list of titles. Log into your account via Evernote Web at Evernote.com. 

If you can see your notes on Evernote Web,  they are alive and well,  and you need to get the MB sorted out.  If you can't see the notes on EN web,  then the only data you have is what's stored on your phone,  and you really need it not to connect to the internet,  otherwise that may be gone too...

If you've not used Evernote for a year,  your current version of the Evernote app on either device isn't.  I'd suggest you update the MB to the latest version,  and see whether that resolves the issue.  If not,  please report back and we'll see what we can do...

• 8 months later...

Hello, thank you so much for responding and I am so sorry I haven't responded back in so long - I didnt see that you had. I logged on to evernote.com and there are 318 notes and I can look at each individually, if i wanted to. Same for my first device, my iPhone. On my second device, my mac, I have the up to date evernote for mac (version 6.10) but it only lists 57 notes. It shows many of the notebooks I have created but lists "0 Notes" underneath.  I am afraid to uninstall and reinstall, but since I can't even submit a ticket with my activity log, etc (Basic subscriber) I can't even get help there. Its funny, because I was thinking about upgrading but I am pretty amazed that as a basic I can't even submit a help ticket. I find these forums intimidating, so i really appreciate your help!!! thank you so much for taking the time to respond. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Koll said:

I logged on to evernote.com and there are 318 notes and I can look at each individually, if i wanted to. Same for my first device, my iPhone. On my second device, my mac, I have the up to date evernote for mac (version 6.10) but it only lists 57 notes.

The master version of your notes is on the Evernote servers accessed via the web platform (www.evernote.com)

A copy is maintained on your Mac

Make sure you're using the same userid/password on all platforms 

You can force a resync to your Mac by

- Hold the **Shift** and **Option** keys on your keyboard and click the sync wheel (next to your username)

Thank you Guru (apropos name!) The shift and option key sync instantly showed me all the notes on evernote mac. thank you so so so so much. I can't tell you how my stress this relieved for me. now, to just finish the damn dissertation using all the notes... thanks so much. best, koll

Archived