Searching in version 6.1.2.2292

I'm having trouble searching in evernote desktop, and this seems to be a new problem, after the last update.  There is no search bubble visible anywhere.  When I go to View/Quicksearch I can do a search, but that seems the only place I can find the search function.

When I search, only one result comes up, and it comes up full frontal, an open note.  I cannot get a list of notes.  

For instance, I have a note with the word "band" in the subject. I want to find the note, but when I search, lecture notes which have that word somewhere open, and I can't find other choices.  
I've tried searching after going to other  notebooks, but still, I'm not getting a full list of items with that word, keep going  back to the lecture notes.

What happened to the search bubble?  What is this problem about and how to solve?

Thank you.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Do you have a multiple note view open like Note List View?  This is my desktop...  it's a Beta version,  but I've passed through your version and didn't notice a problem with searches...

2016-07-23_1744.png

@janemarkeI haven't been able to reproduce this in 6.1.2 either. Can you please post a screenshot of your issue? 

To take a screenshot:

1. **Capture Screenshot:** Press PrtScn, PrintScreen, FN+Insert or whichever key combination is specified for "Print Screen" on your keyboard
2. **Open Paint:**
 - (For Windows 7) Click Start button > All Programs > Accessories > Paint
 - (For Windows 8) Click Windows button, search for "paint" using the search button on the top right and select "Paint" in the results
3. **Paste screenshot to Paint:** On the Home tab, in the Clipboard group, click Paste
4. **Save:** Click the Paint button and then click Save and attach it to your reply

• Level 5
On 7/23/2016 at 0:28 PM, janemarke said:

I'm having trouble searching in evernote desktop, and this seems to be a new problem, after the last update.  There is no search bubble visible anywhere.  When I go to View/Quicksearch I can do a search, but that seems the only place I can find the search function.

When I search, only one result comes up, and it comes up full frontal, an open note.  I cannot get a list of notes.  

For instance, I have a note with the word "band" in the subject. I want to find the note, but when I search, lecture notes which have that word somewhere open, and I can't find other choices.  
I've tried searching after going to other  notebooks, but still, I'm not getting a full list of items with that word, keep going  back to the lecture notes.

What happened to the search bubble?  What is this problem about and how to solve?

Did you accidentally press F11, which hides the note list? You can check if this is the issue by pressing F11 again to see if it comes back (F11 toggles it on/off).

Archived