Feature Request: "Updated By:" Column in List View

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, diraceqn said:

I think having an "Updated By: " column in the list view of notes would be tremendously useful for anyone who shares notes/notebooks. Just my 2 cents...

In list view you can right-click the columns to add/remove columns like "updated"

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

That is the updated date.  Unless I'm misreading the OP's request I think they want the name of the last person who updated a shared note.

You're right - I misread it; I deleted my post

• Level 5*

No big deal, no need to delete, the content was still helpful.

For collaboration I think it is a good idea and to take it a step further, a way to see a log of who updated the note and when would be useful.

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, diraceqn said:

I think having an "Updated By: " column in the list view of notes would be tremendously useful for anyone who shares notes/notebooks. Just my 2 cents...

I just saw this post on SureNotifier that may be of interest to you.

Thanks s2sailor. Yes, I do mean a column listing the most recent user who changed the note, not the updated timestamp. This seems like a minor feature to add, and I'm not looking to use a third-party service to obtain it. 

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, diraceqn said:

Yes, I do mean a column listing the most recent user who changed the note, not the updated timestamp. This seems like a minor feature to add, and I'm not looking to use a third-party service to obtain it.

@diraceqn I'm a user like you so I don't know easy or difficult adding the feature may be or if EN will even consider adding it, but it looks like SureNotifier will give you the function you are looking for today.  I understand you are hesitant to use a third party service but one of the advantages of Evernote is the open API that allows other developers to add in functions that may not natively exist.  If you really want this function, it might not hurt to give it a test drive.

Archived