We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
JM1010

NEED TO SEE TAGS WHEN ADDING A NEW CLIP!

Idea

Seems obvious to me. Anyone who's using the web clipper to organize stuff would find it beneficial to pick and select existing tags when adding a new page to Evernote. 

I don't get it that they don't get it!

I have over 200 tags. What is the chance that I remember exactly what they are and how I spelled them when adding a new clip?

In all likelihood I'll end up with several variation of the same tags in evernote because I'm guessing all the time: Do I have a TAG for that? how did I called it?

Come on. Before adding new functionalities, make the basic core functionalities work.

Also, it's great to be able to add a remark to a clip beyond a tag. 

The question becomes if I add a remark its because its an additional hint that this clip has the info I'm looking for. Yet, impossible to see those remarks unless I open each clip one by one. 

MAKE MY DAY AND FIX THOSE 2 THINGS. PRAYING PRAYING:)

4 replies to this idea

2 hours ago, JM1010 said:

Seems obvious to me. Anyone who's using the web clipper to organize stuff would find it beneficial to pick and select existing tags when adding a new page to Evernote. 

I don't get it that they don't get it!

I have over 200 tags. What is the chance that I remember exactly what they are and how I spelled them when adding a new clip?

In all likelihood I'll end up with several variation of the same tags in evernote because I'm guessing all the time: Do I have a TAG for that? how did I called it?

Come on. Before adding new functionalities, make the basic core functionalities work.

Also, it's great to be able to add a remark to a clip beyond a tag. 

The question becomes if I add a remark its because its an additional hint that this clip has the info I'm looking for. Yet, impossible to see those remarks unless I open each clip one by one. 

MAKE MY DAY AND FIX THOSE 2 THINGS. PRAYING PRAYING:)

@JM1010  When you click web clipper and move your mouse to add a tag, please just wait a second. You can then start to type something you like. For example, I might have a networking tutorial page which talks about UDP protocol. I then tag it as "network-protocol-udp", that's it. From big -> small.

Now I have 19299+ tags. The web clipper can show my related tags without any problem. Currently, the problem that I have is I have to wait for several seconds to see related tags popup. 

1 hour ago, jenhsun said:

Now I have 19299+ tags.

How do you determine the number of tags you have?

4 hours ago, JM1010 said:

2 hours ago, jenhsun said:

When you click web clipper and move your mouse to add a tag, please just wait a second. You can then start to type something you like.

>>Also, it's great to be able to add a remark to a clip beyond a tag.
     ...MAKE MY DAY AND FIX THOSE 2 THINGS. PRAYING PRAYING 

The answer to your prayers

Screenshots are from my Mac

Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 9.02.15 AM.png   Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 9.20.14 AM.png