Notebook Limitations

I have been an EN user since 2010 and have a Plus Account. It's enough for me at present and got the Plus mainly to be able to use the email privileges....so no Premium for me at present. I do, however see an ongoing discussion about the limitation of 250 Notebooks. I used to worry about this also, until I learned to use Tags! I now have only 24 Notebooks, and in reality, I'm quite sure I could cut that number to 5, and with the further use of Tags be none the worse for the wear. I humbly suggest that with the exception of specific uses for EN that might be served better with the use of dedicated third party software...most of those concerned with the 250 limit, are probably not using or familiar enough with Tags. I found, even as a Newbie to EN, that once I got my head around the concept of Tags...I was no longer concerned about the 250 Notebook limit. It just ceases to be a real concern!

Cheers,

Unkei

• Level 5*

Totally agree - 22,400 notes here and a total of 15 notebooks (including some temporary ones).  Using the very comprehensive (but occasionally flaky) search grammer,  smart titles and occasional tags I can work quite happily without more notebooks.

• Level 5*

I'm with @gazumped., 100% agree.  28,500 notes and 10 notebooks - 2 shared, 5 prime, and 3 temporary, which to your point could probably be winnowed to 6.  But they all fit nicely in the drop down and help with searches, so why bother.  ;)

• Level 5*

+1 in agreement  - Tags are an improvement over the folder/notebook concept

Some people can't get into the tag concept and are trying to organize their notes into folders using Notebooks
So they are upset over the 250 limit and the lack of hierarchy.

For me, notebooks have their place for their sync/share/local/offline features

Archived