Shortcut on Desktop

Guys, come on. Take a look at the screenshot. Why is your software insisting on planting a shortcut on my desktop every time I upgrade? If I wanted one there, it would already be there!

This is just annoying. It seems like a silly thing, but just like iTunes users generally hate it, I'm sure I'm not the only Evernote user to see that and be irritated at having to delete it every time I upgrade or reinstall the software. 

PS: I notice your forum is also stuck in "overtype" mode instead of insert. If that's unclear, I mean I can't go back and edit a sentence because it types over everything after my edit rather than inserting. Yours is the only page in Chrome that is doing that, and it's done it even with a shut down and reboot.

Capture.PNG

• Level 5*

My guess is that this is intentional, for visual exposure (branding). As long as you have the free will not to use (or update) iTunes and Evernote, which are both free products, you will have to live with deleting the desktop icon everytime.

I agree that this is somewhat annoying, and I always delete it myself since I want my desktop as clean as possible. However I don't let it bother me.

21 minutes ago, gustavgi said:

My guess is that this is intentional, for visual exposure (branding). As long as you have the free will not to use (or update) iTunes and Evernote, which are both free products, you will have to live with deleting the desktop icon everytime.

I agree that this is somewhat annoying, and I always delete it myself since I want my desktop as clean as possible. However I don't let it bother me.

iTunes is free. Evernote is ad-supported and/or shareware, in that advanced features are secured unless the user pays for them.

I see the point, I just question the long term viability of a product that starts every upgrade cycle by aggravating its users. As you can see from the screenshot, some people are... less than pleased about it when it comes to iTunes. 

I am no software developer, but when it comes to things I produce, I try to find similar products and evaluate their feedback. Kinda thinking our Evernote devs should consider the same thing. 

Anyway, that's why I posted it here: feature request. If the removal of an irritating shortcut could be considered a "feature." 

Archived