Opening a password protected note

Help! I have one password-protected note, and can no longer access it.   I have not forgotten the password -- rather,  there is no longer a place to enter the password that is visible in the note.  Can someone please tell me how to enter a password for a note that no longer has a place to enter it?  This is fairly urgent, because I can't access important Internet sites without knowing the password, and all my passwords are in that file.

Thank you.

Thanks for  the questions.  The answers::

1. I am using a Windows 10 computer.

2. Unfortunately, the ability to enter a password  is also wiped out in the note stored in evernote.com.  That is what is causing me to panic.  The passwords are important to me and not being able to access them through my computer or through the web site could be a disaster.  I thought that they would be safe because Evernote keeps them "in the cloud" as a backup, but now I don't know what to think.

Thank you!

Steve

• Level 5*

If you are a paid member you could go to history and restore the latest good version from there.  If you accidentally deleted the encrypted icon you lose whatever is encrypted behind it.  Voice of experience here.  There could be more protection for sure.

If you are not a paid member you could sign up for a month and recover your note.  FWIW.

• 9 months later...

Had the same problem.  Was using the mobile version on my phone and mistaken deleted the prompt for password - unfortunately it exists as part of the note just like it was text which is an incredibly bad design.  Once its gone you are SOL if you are a free user unless you have more that one device synched.  Make sure the other device is not on the internet so it can't synch.  The version of Evernote on this device will contain the local copy and not the damaged version so the password prompt should still exist in the note. 

I don't know if upgrading to premium would allow you to retrieve an older version of the note with the password prompt.

BTW as a result of this I no longer use Evernote - having the password prompt as text which can easily be mistakenly deleted is inviting this to happen.

• Level 5*
On 3/2/2017 at 8:10 PM, D_S_K said:

I don't know if upgrading to premium would allow you to retrieve an older version of the note with the password prompt.

It will.

On 3/2/2017 at 8:10 PM, D_S_K said:

BTW as a result of this I no longer use Evernote - having the password prompt as text which can easily be mistakenly deleted is inviting this to happen

First time I have heard of this as the coup de grace for leaving EN.

Archived