Newbie Needs Help

I am loving Evernote for organising my business but I have 2 things I need help to achieve:

1. I would like to access a central list of ALL reminders, as opposed to searching through each notebook to see if anything needs to be actioned
  2. I would like to sort the order of my notebooks, I've attempted to rename to force sorting etc but so far no luck

I'm hopeful that there is some experience EN users that can help me with the above.

Cheers and thanks!

Mandy

• Level 5*
  1. Try reminderorder:* as a search.  
    • You can also use the parameters of remindertime and reminderdonetime in searches to isolate/remove dated reminders in a search.  For example, remindertime:day returns all notes with a reminder today and after.  remindertime:day -remindertime:day+1 -reminderdonetime:*  returns all open dated reminders for today.
  2. Do a File - Exit and then restart EN.  This should fix it.
  • Level 5*
30 minutes ago, MandyE said:

I have spent so much time trawling help, Google and YouTube and never found any tips like yours, how do you find out these search options?

I also found out about the reminder attributes from @csihilling  It was an important feature for my task management - tasks now automatically trigger into my current task list based on date.

Below this post in my signature is a link to the Evernote search grammar.  It has a lot of useful info for searches.

9 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Below this post in my signature is a link to the Evernote search grammar.  It has a lot of useful info for searches.

See I'm sooo new I don't even know how to view your signature, I would love to know where to look for extra Evernote tips as I'm experimenting with it as a CRM and extra functionality would be awesome.  Thanks

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, MandyE said:

See I'm sooo new I don't even know how to view your signature, I would love to know where to look for extra Evernote tips as I'm experimenting with it as a CRM and extra functionality would be awesome.  Thanks

Didn't mean to be cryptic; the section at the bottom of the post is known as the signature.

I am a user of Evernote with a Mac and iPad 
      Evernote Help Center           Contact Evernote Support       Evernote Status Page
       Evernote Guide

Evernote Search Grammar    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, MandyE said:

Thanks so much csihilling, these tips work a treat!

I have spent so much time trawling help, Google and YouTube and never found any tips like yours, how do you find out these search options?

You are welcome.  You probably already have it from @dtlow, but search grammar is here

A couple of other words of wisdom.  You can create reminders with and without dates.  Personally, I date those reminders that are date specific and use a modified TSW (search for The Secret Weapon if unfamiliar) set of tags to manage those that aren't date specific.  How you use dates does impact your searches, though I think playing a bit helps you get a better understanding.

IAC, think of how you will use your reminders which will lead to what searches you want to create and how to set up your tags and/or notebooks.  Often used saved searches can be placed in the shortcuts bar.  For example, I have saved searches for Today and Late in the shortcut bar, so a click away from seeing the dated work. 

And last of all, think about it a bit, but then just jump in and give something a try.  It's easy enough to adjust as you gain experience in your process and EN.  Most of us morphed into what we have, it wasn't there day one.  Good luck.

Archived