6.05 Create Notebook in a Notebook. . . MIA?

I use a hierarchy for many of my Notes. Meaning I have a Notebook like "Photography" and 'under' that I create what I think of as sub-Notebooks. The creation in 5 was to right-click on a top-level notebook and from the dropdown choose Create Notebook in "Photography." This created a sub-Notebook in which I could store Notes.

In version 6.0.5.1723 (301723) that function is missing in Notebooks that do not already have sub-Notebooks. However, it does appear in the right-click dropdown for Notebooks that already have one or more sub-Notebooks.

Wayne

In Ver 5 on Windows the feature's behavior was like the stack but it isn't the stack. It allows creating a top level like
"PROJECTS" and one or more notebooks under "PROJECTS". Just like the Windows file folder hierarchy but limited to a top level and only a single level below that. No sub-levels further down. 

• Level 5
2 hours ago, WayneM said:

In Ver 5 on Windows the feature's behavior was like the stack but it isn't the stack. It allows creating a top level like
"PROJECTS" and one or more notebooks under "PROJECTS". Just like the Windows file folder hierarchy but limited to a top level and only a single level below that. No sub-levels further down.

Evernote never had hierarchical notebooks, what you've seen in EN5 was Notebook Stacks. V6 has them too.

• Level 5*
On ‎2016‎-‎04‎-‎25 at 2:04 AM, WayneM said:

I use a hierarchy for many of my Notes. Meaning I have a Notebook like "Photography" and 'under' that I create what I think of as sub-Notebooks. The creation in 5 was to right-click on a top-level notebook and from the dropdown choose Create Notebook in "Photography." This created a sub-Notebook in which I could store Notes.

In version 6.0.5.1723 (301723) that function is missing in Notebooks that do not already have sub-Notebooks. However, it does appear in the right-click dropdown for Notebooks that already have one or more sub-Notebooks.

Wayne

Seems to me like you are starting in the "wrong" end. You have to first create the "sub-notebook" aka notebook, and right click that one and create a new "notebook" aka stack.

You create the lower hiearchy before you create the higher hiearchy stack in which you want to place it. You never could add "sub-notebooks" to a already created notebook.

Archived