Moving Notes from a Personal Notebook to a Business Notebook

I must be missing something pretty obvious...  Using beta ver 6.0.3 and I can't seem to find a way to move single (or multiple) notes from a Personal Notebook to a Business Notebook.  What have I missed?  Help appreciated.

Regards, Ian

• Level 5*

You didn't mention which platform but since 6.0..3 is a Windows version (Mac is on 6.6), I'll assume Windows.

There's no one-step move to Business but you can copy to Business and then delete from Personal.

To do that, select the desired note or notes in the notes list, then right-click and choose Copy to Business... from the context menu.  Then you can just hit Delete to remove them from their current Personal notebook.

Thanks phils. Yes, windows sorry.  So I wasn't missing anything obvious. Strange they don't give a Move option but easy enough to delete while note or notes are highlighted I guess.  Thanks again, Ian

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

UPDATE ON MY APRIL 21 POST ABOVE:

On Windows (where the latest versions have a separation between Business and Personal notes), it's actually easier now than I stated above: at the bottom of the Copy to Business... and Copy to Personal... dialog windows, there is a Delete original note checkbox option.  So it no longer requires the extra step of deleting the note after you copy it!

(On Mac, this separation does not currently exist, so you can move notes between Business and Personal notebooks via the Move to Notebook... menu option.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

On Android, if you're in a single note and want to move it between Business and Personal: tap the current notebook name in the toolbar above the note; tap "Show Personal Notebooks" or "Show Business Notebooks" as appropriate to include all notebooks in the list, then pick the destination notebook for the move.

To move multiple notes: tap the menu in the upper right of the screen, tap "Select Notes".  Select the notes to move. Tap the Notebook icon in the top toolbar.  Tap "Show Personal Notebooks" or "Show Business Notebooks" as appropriate to include all notebooks in the list, then pick the destination notebook for the move.

Thanks Phil. Its so frustrating that notes get saved to Personal and wonder why i cant find them if i forget to look there. Then it takes ages to move them.

I cant find setting in widgets to save new notes/photos to a Business notebook. And my greatest frustration is the widgets not working (saved searches) because they only look in Personal notebooks. Please help. Thanks 

• 9 months later...

I cant move or copy a personal note in a personal folder to a business folder.  there is no copy feature or even a move feature to business.  you guys must have changed this. i can only move within personal, no longer able to move in between personal and business.  also how can i default my login to the business folder? it still seems to default to personal.  you guys have made the interface so non intuitive and difficult to use.

• Level 5*

Sorry, my bad - I should have said "which Evernote client application", not "which platform".  You may be on the Windows platform but you're using the Evernote Web client.

As you've determined, there's no function for moving a note to/from personal/business in the Web client.  Can you install and use the Evernote Windows client?  That does allow you to do what you want.  (The Web client is missing a lot of functionality that you pick up in the Windows client - the Web client is not designed to be a full-featured client like Windows or Mac.)

I downloaded and tried the windows client. Still doesn't work. You guys have put a barrier between personal and business. No way to move between the two.  When did you put this barrier in place!?? It used to work before....

• Level 5*

@tonywkim  You can move between business/personal in the Windows client.

Select the desired note or notes in the notes list, then right-click and choose Copy to Business... or Copy to Personal... from the context menu.  Select the desired target notebook in the resulting dialog. If you want to move instead of copy, check the Delete original note checkbox at the bottom of the dialog.

• 11 months later...
  • I just set up business and there is no option for me to move a notebook to business. What is the problem here? I want to save time, but this is really confusing. I have none of these options in the windows client to move anywhere out of my personal evernote.
  • 6 months later...

Archived