Evernote for iOS 7.13 Released

cifip

Idea

• Level 5

Hi all,

We released Evernote for iOS 7.13 earlier today.

This release focused on fixing bugs and crashes and introduced an improved way to insert photos into notes.

Notable fixes and improvements:

• Photo selection
    • Selecting photos to insert into a note now has a numeric indicator increasing as you tap pictures to add - this is the order they will be inserted into your note
    • Deselecting an image will decrement already selected images with higher numbers to reflect the new order
  • Improved VoiceOver support, specifically around note editing
  • Fixed issue where text formatting bar disappeared after adding a photo in some situations
  • Fixed issue where keyboard buttons disappeared when editing a business card note
  • Fixed issue where extra characters were added to saved search names
  • Fixed crash after dismissing the camera and a new auto-capture occurred
  • Fixed crash when tapping triangle icon after renaming a notebook stack
  • Updated PDF viewer

You can download the Evernote for iOS app from the App Store.

As always, please let us know what you think.

Cheers!

10 replies to this idea

• Evernote Expert

For long, I have always believed the IOS client to be far superior and stable compared to the Windows and Android versions. However, the recent Beta changes, especially with regard to the Editing experience of Windows and Android has improved immensely. IOS needs to do some work here. 

Over all, its a great time, to be using Evernote :) Thank you for the immense attitude changes at Evernote, recently. 

• Level 5
16 hours ago, Panzerkampfwagen said:

For long, I have always believed the IOS client to be far superior and stable compared to the Windows and Android versions. However, the recent Beta changes, especially with regard to the Editing experience of Windows and Android has improved immensely. IOS needs to do some work here. 

Over all, its a great time, to be using Evernote :) Thank you for the immense attitude changes at Evernote, recently. 

Hi and thanks!

I'm glad you're enjoying the editing improvements on Windows and Android. Rest assured that the improved editor will get into iOS as well - we're already working on it. Stay tuned!

Cheers,
Chuck

I would love to see improved layout options on iPad Pro and not having just the sidebar as a floating panel. Also the way tags are organized and displayed and the ability to view tags used within a notebook like on desktop would be absolutely great. 

I have to agree with amort. I use my iPad Pro for work and home life and have long used Evernote to organize those.  The Evernote app doesn't really seem like it makes the best use of the iPad Pro.  I use Evernote on multiple platforms and would love a way to set up my app view more similar to the desktop view. 

Terrible!!!

Right-to-left languages support gone - text will not align to the right & even clicking at the end of the line would start typing at its beginning (and clicking at the beginning of a line will start typing at its end..)

A death-stroke to some 300 million Arabic/Hebrew/Pharsi speakers using the app!!!

Hi, 

I'm exploring evernote on my macbook and compare it with the version on my ipad pro that I will use "on the road". There are a lot of small things that I would like to implement in the version for ipad. . On my macbook I have a shortcut for importing a date (⇧ ⌘ D ). I can't figure out how I have to do it on my Ipad. 

Schermafbeelding 2016-05-19 om 08.49.55.png

Any word on a new update? My iPad Pro keeps freezing up or bugging out. If I try to click a check box in a list of other check boxes it will click one that is 4 lines hire then the one I pressed. Really need a version for the pro that is more like the Mac desktop version. The Pro is such a great device that won't be fully utilized with the standard iOS app. 

I agree with all the comments that we need a better experience for iPad Pro. A feature that would be nice would be for tags to be nested like on Windows. Also, I have a terrible time executing searches on the iPad and many of my saved searches (created on Windows) don't work. 

But the issue with not being able to check check boxes is the WORST! I keep poking at various spots on the screen hoping that the box I need will be checked, but 9 times out of 10 I give up and hope I remember to go back and check a box on my computer later. Ugh! 

I'm posting to this again.  With the increase in fees, please start handling these issues!  Give us a better iPad Pro experience!  Make the layout on the screen better.  Make annotation better.  If you're increasing the prices, people (my self included) will expect MORE, not the status quo!

Archived