Selecting lengthy text in Windows 10

• Level 5

Ctrl + Function + End (quickly jumps cursor to the bottom of the note, but does not select the content)

To select a lengthy selection, I hold down Shift + Function and then press Page Down over and over and over again 
Is there an easier way?

• Level 5
46 minutes ago, Frank.dg said:

Ctrl+Shift+End works on Windows for me...

Thanks, but on my Windows 10 ASUS laptop, Ctrl+Shift+End only highlights to the end of the word.

Pressing the combo again adds the next word to the highlight.

Maybe it's an ASUS thing. I'll check their forum.

That's ... odd. I get that behavior with ctrl+shift+leftarrow. Standard Windows behavior is:
ctrl+end: go to bottom
shift+end: select to end of line
ctrl+shift+end: select to bottom

From your first post, it sounds like 'end' is actually invoked with the function key, so in your case it should be ctrl+shift+fn+end.

• Level 5

I contacted ASUS support. Their suggestions did not address my question.

Thank you for contacting ASUS Product Support. I am more than happy to assist you in resolving this.

You may employ the use of these shortcuts

Ctrl+A - This will select all the text in the current dialog box or page

Shift+Down/Up arrow - This will select line by line in the direction that you press

Shift+Left/Right arrow - This will select text letter by letter in the direction that you press

• Level 5
3 hours ago, dconnet said:

so in your case it should be ctrl+shift+fn+end.

Thank you dconnet ! Super suggestion

Control +Shift + Function + End 

The 4 keystroke combo you suggested does the job.

The reason for my question - I do a lot of news web captures every day.These sites often have a lot of user comments at the end. In Evernote, what I do is search for the beginning of the comment section, then mass delete all the comments. The remaining information is the original article.

JB, have you tried clipping just the article with the clipper and adjusting the selection via the +- buttons?

If adjusting the +- buttons doesn't give me a "clean" article, I manually select the article/ post and then hit the web clipper icon (clip selection).

Either way, the ability to delete everything from your placed cursor up or down is mighty handy for a great number of evils.

• Level 5
4 hours ago, Frank.dg said:

JB, have you tried clipping just the article with the clipper and adjusting the selection via the +- buttons?

Yes, thanks for the suggestion.

I usually clip 30 to 50 articles when I wake up in the morning from a variety of sources. So the Simplified Article clipping is the fastest for me. I do the housecleaning (removing comments) several days or weeks later. 

Archived