Feature Request - Alphabetic Jump List

Hi

I don't know if this has been suggested or not.  I searched the Feedback board but might be using the wrong phrasing.

I have to continually switch between the search all notes and current notebook options to be able to search for the first letter of notes in a current notebook. Side Note: Radio buttons would save one quick step.

I would like to suggest a feature request to have an alphabetic jump list (like the iOS app has) per notebook. 

Alternatively, does anyone know shortcuts to search between current and all notebooks without having to click on the drop down and select the one you want every time.

:)

• Level 5*

Hi.  Not sure exactly what you're looking for here - if you're using the installed desktop version,  do you not have an alphabetic listing of notebooks on screen in the left panel?

8 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Not sure exactly what you're looking for here - if you're using the installed desktop version,  do you not have an alphabetic listing of notebooks on screen in the left panel?

Hi.  My notes are in alphabetical order, if that's what you mean.  What is your definition of 'an alphabetic listing'?  I have to scroll down a lot to get to the letter I want.  The iOS app has a letter jump list on the right side of every notebook.  

• Level 5*

I'm not sure whether we're talking about notes or notebooks here.  You originally said..

On 05/03/2016 at 10:13 AM, Cats Eye said:

to search for the first letter of notes

..but I thought you meant you were looking for something like a Recipes notebook and wanted to jump to the 'R' notebook directly.

If you want to jump to the first letter of a note,  what good does that do?  Do all recipes start out 'Recipe:...' and when you say 'first letter' ist hat the note body or the note title?

Sorry to be so slow,  but I use Android,  not iOS - maybe if you could screenshot the view you;re talking about and post it here?

• Level 5*
On March 5, 2016 at 2:13 AM, Cats Eye said:

I would like to suggest a feature request to have an alphabetic jump list (like the iOS app has) per notebook. 

This feature is usually omitted in desktop apps because scrolling is so easy and fast
I see no reason not to have the feature, and if nothing else - it leads to a common UI.  I up-voted the request

• Level 5*

I guess if you really wanted to it would be possible to have an A notebook,  and a B notebook etc;  or to use tags the same way - save a search to 'R' (or any other letter) and you jump to that notebook and all your related notes...

Archived