Is a local notebook stash possible ?

Hello there,

Context : I know how to make local notebooks (requires evernote + aka 20€/$ a year) and that the notes in those notebooks are local too.

Question 1 : how does one make a notebook stash ? Couldn't find a legit way, I have some but can't figure out how to make more.

Question 2 : is a notebook stash local because the notebooks it contains are local ? If no is there a way to have a local notebook stash ?

Sorry if the answer is already there... couldn't find it.

Thanks !

• Level 5*

Hi.  Are you talking about a 'Stack' of notebooks?  That's just a way to group notebooks together to help make the left panel of a desktop layout easier to navigate?  If so,  then yes - you could have a stack called 'Local Notebooks' to make it clear which are the synced notebooks,  and which are those solely kept on your local machine.

3 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Are you talking about a 'Stack' of notebooks?  That's just a way to group notebooks together to help make the left panel of a desktop layout easier to navigate?  If so,  then yes - you could have a stack called 'Local Notebooks' to make it clear which are the synced notebooks,  and which are those solely kept on your local machine.

Ok. So if I get it right I can have a stack with local or sync notebooks. I think I got it, thanks !

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Fatelys said:

Question 2 : is a notebook stack local because the notebooks it contains are local ?

If no is there a way to have a local notebook Stack?

Stacks are a container for notebooks.  Stacks don't have a "local/sync" option.

If a Stack only contains local notebooks, it will be shown as the container for the notebooks only on the device where the local notebooks show.

If a Stack contains a mixture of local and sync'd folders, the Stack will be shown as the container for the notebooks on all devices where the notebooks show.

IOW  No notebooks show = No Stack shown

8 hours ago, DTLow said:

Stacks are a container for notebooks.  Stacks don't have a "local/sync" option.

If a Stack only contains local notebooks, it will be shown as the container for the notebooks only on the device where the local notebooks show.

If a Stack contains a mixture of local and sync'd folders, the Stack will be shown as the container for the notebooks on all devices where the notebooks show.

IOW  No notebooks show = No Stack shown

Thanks !

Archived