Better task/todo list creation

Sircoffee

Idea

Making task and finding task reminders is kind of difficult. I always lose track of my to do list within a note. It would be nice for Evernote to grab anything with the checkmark and place it in a single note or area with in an app. Those checkmarks can then have a header with a link, note link, back to where the original task came from. This would allow me to make many lists and always have a Central location for all my to do items. Right now I have to resort to iOS reminders or other third-party applications. I would love to make Evernote my one and all for all business and personal items.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

AFAIK Evernote never had the intention of competing with the rest of the To Do/ Task Manager market which is already full of competitors with huge user bases.  Many Evernote users already have one or more of those apps installed.  The cost of developing an Evernote equivalent would far outweigh any possible return from existing members upgrades or new members joining specifically for that reason.  Evernote don't share their plans anyway,  so we don't know if their thinking has changed,  but I'm sure it's on a wish-list somewhere...

• Level 5*
On February 9, 2016 at 5:11 PM, Sircoffee said:

Making task and finding task reminders is kind of difficult.

There was a new app discussed here Paper Bullet App. It showed potential to reducing a note to a concise to-do list

But first, you need to keep track of your tasks
I use ideas from TSW and GTD
My tasks are separate notes, identified by tags (When Now, When Later, When Soon, When Someday)
This allows them to pulled togeather in a list, and with that I can mass copy the links into a daily journal note

>>I would love to make Evernote my one and all for all business and personal items.
Me too.  While not having all the the features of a dedicated task manager app, I like having all my "stuff" in one place

>>Right now I have to resort to iOS reminders or other third-party applications.
I use Evernote's reminder feature, and have Applescripts set up to create entries in the Mac Calendar or Reminder apps

Archived