Pin/Pass Protection for Windows app..?

Hello, i find it disturbing not to have such function : windows user account password is extremely easy to hack/remove for anyone having access to your computer physically. The only solution now is to "disconnect" which has to be done manually (there's no option to disconnect automatically after closing app/shuting down computer) & when opening app again, you have to type not only password but also username/mail, which is taking time & is very annoying. Did i miss something?

• Level 5*

Moved to the product feedback forum so it can be voted on.

This wouldn't get my vote, since there's already the sign-out feature.

Evernote removed the auto sign-out feature; and people are asking for it to be brought back, with the option to opt out.  I'd vote for that.

• Level 5*

Lots of discussion in the forums too about encryption / security - basically anyone with some tech skills could see notes stored on the local hard drive without having to log into Evernote.  The best protection for personal data is to store the database file in an encrypted partition,  or to encrypt individual notes with something like Saferoom.  

-Or just don't keep that sort of information on computers to which others have access.  Security always has two basic problems -

1. the harder it is for others to get into the data,  the more trouble you have getting into it too...,  and
  2. as long as you have access,  someone else can simply use the same credentials to get in as you anyway.

Personally I'd rather have speed and convenience in Evernote,  and rely on something else for security...

Archived