Reinstalled OS X, now my Evernote is empty.

Hi there,

I did a fresh reinstall of El Capitan to speed my machine up. My EN on my Mac is now completely empty. The notes still appear on my iPhone. The only thing I have thought to do so far is to un/reinstall EN again to see if it picked it up. Prior to reinstalling OSX I created a Time Machine backup on an external HD.

Thanks for any and all help.

All the best,

Chris

• Level 5*

Hmmm.  Well I would go to the web site and sign in to verify the user name and password one last time.  If all your notes are there, then a reinstall/refresh of EN may be in order.  Primarily a Windows user here, but there are topics on the forum relative on how to do this, or perhaps a Mac user will chime in.

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, csihilling said:

If all your notes are there, then a reinstall/refresh of EN may be in order. 

That would be my approach.  I would stay away from your time machine backups - things can get messy.
Not - this only covers sync'd folders

Thanks guys. Sorted. 

I verified the log in deets online, all was fine. I uninstalled EN again, and installed again through the Mac App Store - same issue. I uninstalled again, and reinstalled this time through EN website direct download and now all my note/books are back. 

Thanks again.

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, chris_hawko said:

I uninstalled again, and reinstalled this time through EN website direct download and now all my note/books are back. 

I wouldn't have expected that the Mac Store vs Direct download would have made a difference.  
I switched to the direct download a while back to resolve some other issues.
Glad that it worked out for you.

Archived