Tab-function

Some of you may know how the tab-function works in Microsoft Office Word. For everybody else a short description: If you press tab, the cursor jumps ahead a few characters - every time in the same spacing, which is very practical, if you want to tidy up your document. If you delete them, the whole block gets deleted.

In comparison to that, Evernote handles this different: If you press tab, you only create a few spaces and if you want to delete them, you have to delete each of them. Also, Evernote does not bring it to the same "hight", no, it is just like pressing the spacebar a few times. This is really annoying.

I know, this is hard to understand, but the Word-Users will know. If not, I will explain it more detailed, if you ask me to do so.

Maybe some of you feel the same and are annoyed as well.

ph4wks gives a good example for what I mean

In the example on the above post it shows the following problem.  Various 'columns' in the list will not line up in Evernote.  It makes them look terrible.

How do     tabs perform?     :Line1
They do     ok                         :Line2
Really?     NO!                    :Line3
WOW!     I know!!               :Line4

Source: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/65578-please-please-please-fix-tab-size-issues/

• Level 5*

Some of you may know how the tab-function works in Microsoft Office Word. For everybody else a short description: If you press tab, the cursor jumps ahead a few characters - every time in the same spacing, which is very practical, if you want to tidy up your document. If you delete them, the whole block gets deleted.

In comparison to that, Evernote handles this different: If you press tab, you only create a few spaces and if you want to delete them, you have to delete each of them. Also, Evernote does not bring it to the same "hight", no, it is just like pressing the spacebar a few times. This is really annoying.

@Serial:

I don't think Evernote will ever support TABS the way MS Word does.
This is due to the underlying base of the EN Editor, which is HTML.
HTML has never supported TABS like Word does, and probably never will

So if you want your data in nicely aligned columns which will stay that way, your only real choice in Evernote (or any HTML based editor) is to use tables.

BTW, I'm sure you know, but for everyone's benefit, if you have data in MS Word separated by TABS, then you can easily convert that list to a table in Word, and then paste the table into Evernote.  I do this all the time, and it generally works very well.

Archived